“Nice, very large rooms in a grat location.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington Green
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was excellent, and I really can't think of anything negative to say about it. The rooms were huge with a hallway connecting a large living room (with tv, desk, chair, couch, table, sink/coffee maker, and dresser) to the bedroom (2 double beds, another tv, dresser, 4 pillows per bed). Off of the hallway was a very large closet with a nice iron/ironing board and a large bathroom. The beds were very comfortable. The lobby is beautiful with a restaurant, bar, and fountain. They were able to accommodate my early check in, and they were willing to hold my bags after I checked out. A third party paid for my hotel, so I can't comment on the value. Location is nice, adjacent to both the Fayette mall and the Lexington green shopping center (with a very nice book store). And, Raising Canes is only 0.5 miles away... It is a fast food chicken place, and I'd you've never had it before, I would highly reccomend that you try it!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rabidliger

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The day we got to the hotel my husband got sick ..which meant we ended up being stuck in the room for 2 days! What more of a test is there for a hotel than that! Lucky me that there's an extra sitting room in the front of the room w a flat screen tv,couch , microwave and fridge (which I asked for) so I was able to hang out there and order room service ect while my husband recovered in the bedroom and I didn't have to bother him . And as for the reviews that said how noisy and dirty it is ..so not true! The room was spotless and room service was quick and the room was quiet so I could do my business online and my husband could rest! And yes there's a bar downstairs and its open late but I only heard people when I opened the door. We couldn't hear them from the bedroom. My only complaint would be that the staff could pick the room service plates quicker from the outside of the rooms but there's wasn't very many lying out at one time though . I would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recentlystayed at this hotel while in lexington for medical treatment. The hotel was located close to the Ky Clinic and the front desk gave very good directions. Front desk staff was very friendly. Room was very clean and comfortable. I am an Asst manager at another hilton hotel and as far as I am concerned this is one of the best.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Very nice property on the south side of Lexington. Unfortunately, it was only on a trip passing through town, so I didn't get to stay long. But this place was super. The room itself was just perfect for a hotel....a living area (with sink, fridge, pull-out couch, and TV) separated from the bedroom by a decent hallway and the bath off to the side. For families it would have worked great: no actual door splitting the LR and beds, but it was private and the kids could easily be on the couch while the grownups stayed up.

The bed was awesome. I don't think I moved once all night.

The shower was *this close* to perfection. The pressure was world-class. I never thought a shower might have too much, but this was almost it. I loved it! The only problem was the height of the shower as I had to stoop a little. Not uncommon in older places, but a little annoying still. Not a big deal in the big picture.

As a stopover hotel, it wasn't well-located. It was on the south side of Lexington which is pretty much directly opposite from the highways, so I had to traverse the whole city 3 times to get in and out. However, it is in a nice (but 'sprawl-y') part of town next to a couple big malls and big box store central. Still tons of food options within a short drive, and a few things in walking distance.

Overall a very nice place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this property periodically ever since it first opened 25 years ago; it has had its ups and downs. Currently it is in fairly good condition - well-maintained. Rooms are pleasant and comfortable, although not really special. Shower head was excellent and water pressure good. Air conditioning worked well and controlled by a thermostat on the wall. Cable TV had a nice choice of channels. Breakfast was very crowded most mornings, probably due to the presence of a veterans' convention at the hotel. The breakfast buffet offerings were slightly above average. Never ate lunch or dinner - there are lots of excellent restaurant offerings in Lexington.
Probably the best part of the stay was the personnel - virtually everyone was pleasant, friendly, and appeared to go out of his/her way to make our stay enjoyable.
We paid for two of our four nights, the other were paid by Hilton Hhonors points. The paid nights were rather pricey, probably due to the fact that Keeneland was running its fall racing schedule. Not a good value for the price we paid; had we paid 25 to 35% less, which is probably what these rooms run when there is no racing, the value would have been reasonable. The hotel has a fairly good location, depending on what you want to do in Lexington. It is immediately adjacent to a strip mall with some nice stores. Lexington's major shopping mall is only a few blocks away. There are a great many restaurants within a 4-5 minute drive of the hotel. Bluegrass Airport and Keeneland racetrack are only about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. Hotel is just off Nicholasville Road, a major artery into downtown Lexington, but traffic is horrible much of the time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a great room with beautiful view overlooking fountain. 2 complaints. Our electrical outlets did not work in living room of suite, and upon entering the room smelled like urine. Pretty disgusting...we could not pinpoint where it was coming from, just stayed out of the room most of the time.

Room Tip: overlooking the pond fountain is beautiful
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Whitney R, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lexington Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand the freshness of the room was of concern during your stay and guest satisfaction is my highest priority so I have brought your comments to our hotel team to resolve this issue with the smell. I will also make sure to fix the electrical problem. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I hope you will consider staying with us the next time you travel to the area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have been traveling for 8 days and have stayed in a Hilton hotel every night. The Hilton Lexington Suites was definitely not up to Hilton standards. The hot water went from cool to hot during my shower, the hair dryer handle felt like it had never been cleaned and there was hair stuck to it, the only Kleenex in the box was the one that they fold and put back in, the lakeside view that we booked was a parking lot view, and the breakfast included with the room was charged to the room. When these items were brought to the attention of the desk clerk, she wanted to know if we had the coupon for the free breakfast and we said none was provided at check in. The breakfast was deducted but there was no other compensation for the other issues.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business