“Best place to stay in Lexington, KY”

Hilton Lexington Suites
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Lexington
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
“Best place to stay in Lexington, KY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is the best!!! The staff is polite and helpful. It is quiet at night so you can rest after a busy day of working, shopping, or in my case sometimes being at a local hospital. Everytime I know I must stay overnight in Lexington I rush to check and see if rooms are available here. I hate when they are full and I cant get a room. I have enjoyed every one of my stays at this hotel. It is wonderful!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the lake
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy H
Curdm, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
We appreciate your comments and are thankful that the Hilton Suites Lexington Green meets your accommodation needs. Our staff enjoy what they do and they have a passion to serve. We look forward to your future stay with us and we are excited for you to experience the product improvements we are currently implementing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

We travel from Dallas TX twice a year and always stay at the Hilton Suites..Cannot say enough GOOD THINGS about this hotel! From the friendly front desk crew to the Cafe chef..everyone is so friendly. The little gal who is the bartender is wonderful..bringing drinks to you on the patio or a go order of food to your room..what service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A small hotel such as the Hilton Suites IS SUPERB with personal service

Room Tip: Room overlooking the lake has the best view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
We value your patronage over the years and we appreciate your kind words. I will pass your favorable comments along to the F&B service team. They thoroughly enjoy exceeding our guests expectations. We look forward to your return trip to the Hilton Suites Lexington Green.
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

First off, Our first staff and a quick special night get away. When we called the night before- we asked a night staff if there was an opportunity to check in early the next day. She gave a curt "no, there is no early check in" by a less than enthusiastic staff member. That was the first odd-ness of the service. I called from a different phone at a different time and apparently got another more pleasant staff member(leslie). I was told I could check in early- AWESOME because I was excited to get such a good rate- with a moderately upscale hotel. Little did I know until I walked into the room- THIS IS NOT AN UPSCALE establishment. A rather plain room awaited us, full of lackluster color and decor.
The browns and orange-ish decor was borish. I bypassed this and went further. The room is large boasting a sitting room with a sink, mini fridge and a desk. A small flat screen tv sits on a odd and outdated "dresser" not to mention a lovely stained couch. The bathroom either had no fan or it did not work( either way I couldn't find a switch) anyway. Bathroom was typical and clean. The back room which is a bedroom was less than satisfying in comfort or decor. A plain white duvet and a plain white duvet on a two poster bed greeted us- I was not impressed. If you book a room via their website rooms run $100-240 and THIS DID NOT STRIKE ME AS A ROOM FIT FOR THE normal PRICE THEY ASK! Why? Several reasons but to include: slight mold in corners of window jams. Stains on the front room curtains and very visible red lipstick stains on the large dark brown bolster pillow. Fresh lipstick- and not mine- YUK. Made me think what else could be on there and why isn't it spot cleaned at least? Service: At a point in the early evening my husband emptied water from the ice bucket into the toilet and left the room to refill the ice bucket with fresh ice down the hall. In the four minutes he was gone the toilet overflowed! This overflow didn't stop until I yelled down the hallway for him to hurry back informing him what was happening. He was smart enough to shut the valve. We called "guest services"immediately and they just said- "ok, someone will be up in a few minutes". 40 minutes later no one came. I called guest services and said" Hi, I would like to remind you that there is debri on the floor of the bathroom from the toilet overflow and its been 40 minutes. I was told someone is coming and that they were sorry for the inconvenience.>>????? I asked her what shall we do now, since we need to USE the facilities? She advised me to come downstairs to the first floor and use the common area bathrooms?!!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE AND A DISGRACE FOR the HOSPITALITY staff of this hotel. We were NOT given another room and given NO other options. Whats even more taxing about this stay is THIS was our mini get away for a FIRST anniversary and my husband had the hotel set up a small table for two in the front room so it would be more romantic. IT WAS SHAMEFUL- the room stunk of toilet water and all that you can imagine therein. Our romantic little moment CRUSHED by circumstances outside of our control. Whats worse- the meal we ordered- came during this time. We had ONE good meal the KOBE beef hamburger( exceptional)! The dipped strawberries were yummy too). I cannot express enough if you are looking for a beautiful stay with superior service- perhaps you should go elsewhere. If you are looking to stay in a sub- par hotel with over priced rooms with lackluster decor(my husband has photos on his phone) and a hotel that offers you mundane service staff at the front desk and housekeepers who clearly need glasses on when doing the cleaning of the rooms then YOU HIT THE BEST SPOT OUTSIDE OF SUPER 8. If you are a person who values a enthusiastic staff with genuine smiles presenting you quality services- then skip this visit. End note; My Husband and I personally spoke to the manager before we left the next day - because when I called the evening to complain via room phone to guest services, I was told the evening manager was on break- I asked if the evening front desk staff- katie would have the manager on at the moment give me a call when they returned from break. THAT CALL NEVER CAME on my cell or the room phone! So when I checked out I spoke to the day manager Mike. He was professional enough to listen to what I had to say. He remained professional- I fear within the evening staff he may be the ONLY person there that takes their position seriously or places even 40% care working in the hospitality business. Naturally, I have no enthusiasm to stay there again.

Room Tip: The jaccuzzi room is $240 a night and I was informed This Hilton has only one of these rooms. Also...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cyndi w
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I appreciate the positive remarks on some of our staff and the Kobe Beef burger – I have shared it with the team. We do take your comments seriously and we are looking into the issues which impelled them. Please feel free to contact me directly if further discussion is desired. I know through previous discussion that you have my contact information.

Springfield, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Read all the reviews on this hotel and they all must work for this hotel. Went with a party of 6
booked 3 rooms, the person who booked the rooms were charged for all the rooms and so were the rest of us. We tried to make sure that they didn't do this said no the bill was right and now we get to straighten it all out. Thanks!! Oh and $10.00 a day for internet. What a rip off. The room are all out dated and dirty in need of a make over. Won't be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank retired5527
Curdm, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
I'm sorry that you had billing issues and we appreciate your feedback. The miscommunication has been addressed. Additionally we are improving the facilities with new carpet throughout the entire hotel and new furniture for the guest suites. We hope that you will give us another opportunity if you have future accommodation needs in Lexington.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed here for two nights while visiting Lexington. The location is fantastic. Having never been to Lexington, it was near a lot of shopping and restaurants. The Suite was spacious and very comfortable. Did not like the fact that, even as a Hilton Honors member, I had to pay for internet access. Most hotels do not charge their loyalty members. On the positive side, the internet speeds were some of the best I have seen at a hotel.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The suite was extremely well kept and the cleaning staff was quick and efficient. The friendly front desk staff was very helpful in locating places around town.
Overall, I would stay here again when visiting Lexington and can recommend it, without reservation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Curdm, General Manager at Hilton Lexington Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to give us a great review on Tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with our staff, and thank you for recognizing their efforts. Our priority is to provide exceptional customer service and clean welcoming guest rooms. Thank you for being our guest and we do look forward to having you stay with us soon.
Magnolia, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed two nights during recent business trip. Received Honors VIP upgrade to a very large corner room. Very quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful. In-hotel restaurant is OK, but the hotel is in a shopping complex close to many other dining options.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for staying at Hilton Suites Lexington Green hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive feedback. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the level of service you received. We hope the next time travel brings you to the Lexington area that you choose to stay with Hilton. Once again, thanks for being our guest.
Madisonville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Rooms are spacious, clean, and relatively low-priced for this type of room. Plenty of shopping and eating nearby. Will definitely stay here again when i am in Lexington.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Lexington. Thank you for being our guest.