“Reservations don't mean a thing”
Review of Le Deauville

Le Deauville
Ranked #214 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The title pretty much sums it up. We had 8 PM reservations, to what amounted to being let in to a circus. People standing outside, tables all over the sidewalks, and the inside was packed. There was no room to move, nearly impossible to get to the bar, an inattentive host/owner who seriously overbooked this place. Would anyone want to sit and have a fine dinner, with people standing right behind you? The noise from this overcrowded establishment made it impossible to have a conversation. Get real and figure out just how many patrons you can accommodate, and respect the fact that a dinner here is to be enjoyed. We left after 45 minutes...no drinks or food...so I have to thank you for a ruined experience. Continue to seat your friends and forget about the rest of us.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a remarkable meal Saturday night. From the attentive and charming server to fabulous lamb and halibut to great pate and escargot, the dinner was tremendous all around. The ambiance and design and service were very authentic to both couples each of which have spent many happy evenings in french bistros. Way to go

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening with tasty food and the bread was spot on, I should have asked for a second helping. Next time I will!

Reviewed June 12, 2018

Great little restaurant with French feel. Very quaint. Food was fresh and delicious. We all enjoyed everything about the place. The service was very good. Deauville is a must if you are in Lexington! The area is very cute with shops, restaurants and bars. Great walking!

Reviewed May 17, 2018

First of all, the food was delicious, although overpriced. However, I do want to make a comment about our experience. We were seated, some friends and myself for a nice get together and dinner. Some woman trots her poodle dog in and sits at the table next to us. This dog proceeded to jump up on our chairs and stick its nose into our laps begging. I actually complained to the owner/manager and was told it is a "service" dog, it had a "paper" and "it comes in all the time". Well, I am an animal lover and 100% stand up for the rights of service dogs and their owners everywhere. But THAT was no service dog. It may have been an "emotional provider" which, by the way, does NOT have the same rights that service dogs have. I did not come to a fancy restaurant to pay $28 for an entree for some strange dog to be jumping up on me, not to mention the germs and god knows what else we were subjected to with our food from this dog. It was NOT the experience I planned on having that evening. I left MY dog at home where it belongs as this ill-mannered poodle should have been. NO service dog I have ever seen acts this way. Service dogs are trained to be "invisible" and trained NEVER to interact in any way with anyone else. It put a damper on our evening and I can say, I'll probably never go back to this restaurant if they feel anybody can bring any old dog in that's ill-mannered and rude and spreads germs all over. NOT the experience I want in a fine dining restaurant. There is outside seating, the dog should have been remanded there and not inside the restaurant. Very disappointing.