“Disappointing”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had a Saturday evening dinner with a party of 5 adults and a child at Le Deauville. Though the food is good, it is over-priced. It would be smart to avoid this restaurant. Seating is cramped. Service is extremely slow, even by European standards. The management slaps an automatic 20% gratuity on parties of 5 or more. That's 20% on food, drinks AND tax, a point that triggered a discussion with the manager. The manager, a shabbily dressed individual in an unbuttoned shirt with the tail out, made a correction but was entirely disagreeable about it. He claimed others with $3,000 tabs never complained, and he noted our party had been there since opening. With a 4-yr old child, we never expected a 3-hour dinner. Fortunately, the little girl was a jewel.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Lexington, planning and upcoming meeting. We stumbled upon Le Deauville after we had had dinner but we fell in love with the atmosphere on a beautiful evening and went in for a cocktail. The bartender was excellent and we watched many dishes being served. We will be back in 5 weeks and will definitely be back to have dinner at Le Deauville.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Held a friend's birthday dinner there. The starting drinks - Manhattans- were real done. The food and bread were excellent. We will be going back for our anniversary dinner. We had an early dinner time of 6:30 but by 8 o'clock the seating area was full. The pace was leisurely and there was no rush to have you vacate your table. I only gave it 4 circles because the seating was a bit close or, if you prefer, initimate with your neighbors. In warmer weather, sidewalk tables are available. I would definitely take visitors to this restaurant.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food and service was wonderful. I started off with a French Martini...very good! I had a Tiger Shrimp and Advocado Salad which I should have just stopped after eating that, but oh no, the mussels were too tempting and tasty! From there, my husband and I split a banana dessert. It was layers of bananas, banana mousse, and flaky pastry goodness!! If you like French and you are in Lexington, KY, you must try Le Deauville!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Le Deauville is one of my favorite restaurants in Lexington. Great service, friendly staff and good food.