“Fantastic find in Lexington”
Review of Le Deauville

Le Deauville
Ranked #236 of 935 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Greeted with a friendly welcome into this authentic French Bistro was a treat. We were there at the traditional French dinner time of 8 pm. The endive salad was excellent. There was an option to have mussels and french fries (moules et frites) since it was Tuesday. I decided on the dish of the day a provincial shrimp pasta dish. Perfect portions and great flavors made the meal a delight. Oh and we ended the meal with a cheese plate...artistic and fantastic! I am looking forward to my next meal there!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped here one night on our stay in Lexington. The restaurant has a nice location and had
easy street parking across the street from the restaurant. The dining experience could have been a little better from the seating to the service. It's a Monday night 5 open tables outside and 3 tables open next to the French doors so, would you offer your customer the back table next to the kitchen entrance? We sat there because(whatever) we are just easy going. The service was a little off and seemed a bit put off because I decided to change my drink order. Not after the drinks came but 5 seconds after we ordered. As for the food I had the clams with fries and mozzarella caprese while my wife went with crepes the goat cheese and seafood crepe. My caprese was excellent with buffalo mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes, the clams were good without being anything special, while the fries where bad( a real surprise for a French place) I honestly can't remember a French place that I have eaten where they were not excellent. As for the crepes my wife felt they were average. Although I tasted the goat cheese crepe and thought it very good, the seafood one was less so, chalk it up to personal preference. While I did not try any of the higher priced entrees, who knows they may be worth it. They did seemed to be priced a bit high. We never considered a second visit after the seat and the service.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

To start off our party of four was not welcomed. We made reservations and walked into the resturant trying to find someone to seat us. Other parties just walked by, obviously knew the owner, and was seated right in front of us. When we told the person that looked to be in charge we had reservations they didn't even ask our name. Finally seated and 30 minutes later our drink order was taken. I have dined in many French restaurants around the world. French does not mean poor service and being ignored. We finally left the resturant three hours later Food was ok. The salmon had a good flavor but not note worthy. The duck was booring and tough. Don't get it. The server was completely inattentive. It's a shame a place with such a nice ambiance like this turned out so poor. Never again.

1  Thank Kyfoodlover
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Love this place in the spring/summer months when they open the windows to sidewalk seating Food is yummy. The only complaint I have is that service can be snails pace sloooow. But, I chalked it up to the "French experience." Maybe? I don't know. But the slow service drives my hubby nuts. Lol!! Honestly, I'd rather have drinks here than eat here. It is in the heart of downtown & has great sidewalk seating to people watch. Also love the restaurant interior. Just be prepared to dine for a while

1  Thank K B
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always loved this place, haven't been for a while. We had a good experience this past weekend. Food and service were fine. One of the special places in Lexington.

1  Thank stanc700