“still a great venue and food”
Review of Le Deauville

Le Deauville
Ranked #235 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Frankfort, Kentucky
“still a great venue and food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always loved this place, haven't been for a while. We had a good experience this past weekend. Food and service were fine. One of the special places in Lexington.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank stanc700

Blooomfield Hills
“The location and ambience of the Restaurant keeps us coming back”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This old building and open air architecture create a cafe experience with fantastic food. The owner and chef are french and offer a consistent menu of high quality and tasty food. I had the lamb which is raised here in Lexington and may have been the most well prepared and tasty I've had. The service is well paced, professional and knowledgable.

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Twice bitten...”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Perhaps we caught Le Deauville on an off-night, but the experience was bad enough that I do not anticipate returning. This was our (my wife and my) second visit to Le Deauville. Both visits have been somewhat annoying. My wife and I purchased a $25 gift coupon online for $12.50 and went to LeDeauville in March 2013 to try to redeem it. We were told by our server that both my wife and I must purchase entrees valued at more than $25 in order to use the coupon. Now, think about the absurdity of this. I could dine by myself, or my wife could dine by herself, and use the coupon for any entree costing more than $25. However, if we dined together and one of us ordered something costing under $25 we could not use it. What sense does that make??? Anyway, the first time we came to Le Deauville my wife wanted the prix fixe menu. Since we were denied use of the coupon, for which we spent $12.50, we decided to return on May 15, one day before the coupon expired, so we could redeem it. I ordered filet mignon; my wife ordered a pasta dish. One hour and 20 minutes later, we were still waiting for our food. Our server told us the soux chef had gone home sick and they had an "equipment malfunction.' At any rate, we finally got up and left. I have never done that, but we were hungry and reached a point where we simply were not willing to wait for our food. While this experience was disappointing, the thing that makes it eggregious is that we spent $12.50 on this coupon, and that money is down the drain. It has now expired. I have wasted money because Le Deauville could not produce our food in less than 1:20. Horrible dining experience!!!!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Venicel0ver1958
Kentucky
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for dinner having never eaten French food. The wait staff was very attentive and very helpful with suggestions. We had the special shrimp/avocado salad and the tomato/onion salad. Both were excellent. We had the pasta special, the mahi and the seafood risotto. The seafood risotto was one of the tastiest meals I have eaten in a long time. The pasta and mahi were both very good. The portions were very large. We were never rushed and felt although the prices were high it was worth the money.

• Visited May 2013
Beverly Hills, California
“C'est la vie !!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

If you have been to Paris, France and miss it so much then I have a Restaurant for you to bring back all those great memories !! Staff, service, and food is un-parallel to any other place in Lexington, KY !! You also can meet for a drink after work for 1/2 price on wine, appetizer, and brand name drinks. Ask bartender for his special drink, it is out of this world !!! Romantic, cozy, non assuming and first date place for sure !! Tres Bien !!!

• Visited April 2013