“Very, very good food and service”

Saul Good Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #19 of 929 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "From scratch" kitchen serves up farm fresh salads, delicious warm sandwiches, gourmet burgers, hand tossed pizzas and features a signature chocolate bar.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I first visited Saul Good with my boyfriend for a pre-theatre dinner. It was a Saturday and the restaurant was very crowded, but they managed to fit us in at the bar and we made it to the theater with plenty of time to get our tickets and seats. The place was so great, I decided to bring my mother here for her birthday about a month later. The restaurant offers a generous birthday discount; your age is the percentage discount you get off your meal. I suppose this wouldn't be as exciting for a younger set, but my mother was actually thrilled to be turning 67 that night. We ordered two pizzas and an entree, along with one of their kids meals. The kids menu is nothing special, but they give kids these things called "wiki sticks" to play with, which are basically flexible, plastic sticky strings. Whatever they are, they kept our seven year old companion entertained far longer than the standard crayons and mazes other restaurants provide.
With our three entrees, kids meal, two adult beverages apiece, and the 67% discount on all of mom's food and drink, we walked out of the restaurant happy, full, for only about $75 (plus tip).
This place is quickly becoming my go-to when out of towners come to visit.
I only wish they took reservations on weekend nights. The place is popular and doesn't have a great area to wait to be seated, so it's always a consideration when going out for an event like the theater or concert.

There are newer reviews for Saul Good Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Very good food, nice atmosphere, and very friendly staff; very helpful with suggestions and knowledgable with menu. Strawberry salad, pizza, and Cajun chicken all very tasty! Would definitely return!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stopped in for a business lunch this week and really enjoyed it. Great atmosphere and food selection. The Chicken and Waffles are a MUST! Would love to come back for dinner, too. Stop by when in LEX...you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My family and I were there for dinner on May 17. We arrived at about 6:15ish...just in time to catch the Preakness on TV. Atmosphere was good and the restaurant was not too crowded yet. Sat down, had a few drinks, and ordered. Service was on par and food arrived actually quite quickly, which I was surprised by. My wife ordered the tuna, I ordered the Hot Brown pizza, and my daughter ordered the BBQ chicken pizza. Both pizza's were fantastic, but my wife's tuna was a little over cooked. Other than that hiccup, the visit was really a pleasant one. The beer selection was a good one with around 20 or so on tap to choose from. On our way out, the wait was quite long at that point, so be aware of timing. Seems to be a popular place, and with a basketball game in town, I can imagine it would be terribly overcrowded as its right down the street from the arena.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We had dinner there on Sunday night which was Mother's Day. We did not have to wait, the service was wonderful and our waitress also took a photo of us so we would have a memory. The food was great and it was a great way to start our mini vacation! If I had not eaten so much I definitely would have had dessert!