“Great food & drink, southern hospitality”

Saul Good Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #33 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "From scratch" kitchen serves up farm fresh salads, delicious warm sandwiches, gourmet burgers, hand tossed pizzas and features a signature chocolate bar.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We've never had anything less than a stellar experience at Saul Good. The unique selection of pizzas, salads, entrees and desserts always delights us. The service is Southern Hospitality at its finest.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

After walking around downtown Lexington and viewing the menus at the restaurants my family decided on Saul Good. This place was even recommended by the visitor's center. We were seated promptly with no wait time even though it was Mother's Day. I decided on the Parisian pizza which I have to say was very good. I have no complaints about my meal and that's why 2 stars were given. The rest of the meals go down from here. My wife and daughter ordered the Chicken Caesar salad and my son ordered the kids pizza with the fruit cup versus fries. My son's meal was very average. He didn't like the excessive cheese that was on his pizza and only finished half. Also the meal was delivered with fries instead of the fruit. He didn't fuss and finished the fries. My daughter and wife's salads were horrible. A better salad is served at any fast food restaurant. The lettuce was OK but my wife did have the lettuce stem in her bowl. The asiago cheese was basically nonexistent in both bowls and the savory pulled chicken was dried leather. When my wife stated it was the worst salad she has ever had I tried the chicken from her bowl. There was absolutely no flavor or seasoning and it was excessively dry to the point of being none edible. The only saving grace was that the manager comped both salads because of how unhappy we were with the meals. We were grateful for that but the next time we are in Lexington we will definitely make another choice in restaurants.

2  Thank BGSU90
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was the first stop on our trip, recommended by the Lexington Visitor's Center. We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised! In fact, even on the last day of our trip we were still talking about the delicious food and atmosphere we experienced at this restaurant on our first day!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Certainly nothing special.....it was just OK.
Appetizer - Lettuce Wraps (they were pretty good but prefer PF Chang's)
Salad - Cesar (just basic once again)
Entree - Salmon (Not impressed...pesto topping was good but quality of salmon was poor)

My entree arrived about 4 minutes after receiving my appetizer and salad....a big pep-peeve! Maybe their lower end food is better (pizza & burgers)???

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went to the downtown location of Saul Good our first night in Lexington. For parking, take a right after you pass the restaurant (on your left) and the garage will be right there. We missed it and ended up a few blocks away. The weather was nice so it didn't matter, but if you are from out of town it can be a little confusing. Our daughters (ages 12 and 15) have been dying to try chicken and waffles (we are from the northeast and that isn't a thing there!) and they were not disappointed! They loved it. Luckily they decided to split the meal, and that worked out to be just enough for them. They got the syrup in the side because they prefer to just use a little. I had the Cajun pasta and my husband had the bbq pork sandwich. The skillet cookie for dessert. Everyone left happy! The service was wonderful. We would highly recommend this restaurant!