“First stop on our trip!”

Saul Good Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #17 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "From scratch" kitchen serves up farm fresh salads, delicious warm sandwiches, gourmet burgers, hand tossed pizzas and features a signature chocolate bar.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This was the first stop on our trip, recommended by the Lexington Visitor's Center. We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised! In fact, even on the last day of our trip we were still talking about the delicious food and atmosphere we experienced at this restaurant on our first day!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Certainly nothing special.....it was just OK.
Appetizer - Lettuce Wraps (they were pretty good but prefer PF Chang's)
Salad - Cesar (just basic once again)
Entree - Salmon (Not impressed...pesto topping was good but quality of salmon was poor)

My entree arrived about 4 minutes after receiving my appetizer and salad....a big pep-peeve! Maybe their lower end food is better (pizza & burgers)???

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went to the downtown location of Saul Good our first night in Lexington. For parking, take a right after you pass the restaurant (on your left) and the garage will be right there. We missed it and ended up a few blocks away. The weather was nice so it didn't matter, but if you are from out of town it can be a little confusing. Our daughters (ages 12 and 15) have been dying to try chicken and waffles (we are from the northeast and that isn't a thing there!) and they were not disappointed! They loved it. Luckily they decided to split the meal, and that worked out to be just enough for them. They got the syrup in the side because they prefer to just use a little. I had the Cajun pasta and my husband had the bbq pork sandwich. The skillet cookie for dessert. Everyone left happy! The service was wonderful. We would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I tried this place during our mini vacation to Lexington. It was quite busy for lunch but we got seated right away. The inside is very nice and your able to watch them prepare the food from behind a counter. Our waiter was nice but was busy because he got a large group after us and it effected our service some since he never came back until we were done and then gave us refills. We ordered and our food came out fairly quick. My husband liked the chicken and waffles and the fries were good, we got a double portion. They are shoestring kind which isn't my favorite but not bad. The prices are slightly high but still reasonable as we were trying to avoid expensive restaurants. We would return again if we end up back in lexington.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I dined at Saul Good tonight. It is just down the street from the Hyatt, where I was staying while attending a conference. I read reviews both good and bad, but decided to give this place a try and make my own decision. It was a great choice! The food was delicious. Our server was fantastic, and service was great and prompt. Will definitely return.