“Great steak”

Reviewed March 23, 2009

Great steak

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed November 5, 2008

This is hands down, the best resturant in Lexington. We go there for all our special occasions, and everything we get is excellent. The wait staff is always excellent and proficient, the meal and most importantly, the steaks, always cooked correctly. If I have family, friends, or business in town I always take the to the Chop House as I know that I can depend on them to deliver. Malone's doesn't hold a candle to this place.

2  Thank Licoriceky2
Reviewed October 23, 2008

Don't let the name fool you...this place has great seafood as well. Just don't expect the seafood menu to be too extensive. (the Rockefeller Scallops are Delicious). The Prime Rib is To Die For. For all you beef aficionados...the Chop House offers a Prime Beef Menu with Daily Pricing. Don't let the "higher than an O'Charleys/TGI Fridays" prices on the menu scare you...the portions are indicative of their price. The wine list is also adequate. Inside, you will feel more at home than at a Texas Roudhouse or a Logan's....the decor is much more refined. Chop House is dimly (but not too dim) lit which my Wife and I tend to like. I've actually been there and overheard some guests complain they did not like this.....so just be aware before you go.
The service has always been top notch and I've been there many times over the years...so...an unpleasant or incapable server is most likely not going to last long at this establishment. Conveniently located on Richmond Rd. Between Man 'O War and New Circle. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank IrishNoFear
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 13, 2007

This is a fine old stand-by. Always consistant, a throw back to old school steakhouses...dark and woody decor, efficient staff, quality food, goodly portions at reasonable prices. Order off the regular menu as we have found the prime selection to actually not be as good as the everyday offerings. Try the Prime Rib, the Strip and don't forget the tamale cakes - they are the best! They always manage to fit our party in - even during the Keeneland meet. Reliable, quality dining in a comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 14, 2007

I am in town for business from New York City and this is the only steak house I went to so I can't really verify the claim that some of the other review made that this is the best steak house in town. But I have to say that the T-bone steak I got was excellent. I also had a cream of potato soup which was also very good. The service was quick, I did go on a Monday and the place was pretty quiet, but looking at the huge parking lot in the back, I am guessing that this place get busy on weekends. I would definitely re command this place to any one looking for good steak. By the way my dinner came to about $40 (including wine).

1  Thank frostbite0