“Above average and convenient”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #38 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hollywood, Florida
“Above average and convenient”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm on business every week here in Lexington for a while. I'm glad to have found a place just walking distance from the hotel. There are times one just does not want to drive! When we arrived there was a crowd of about 10 people waiting (and it was a week night). We noticed that it was not because there were no empty tables but perhaps a shortage of servers. We waited about 15 minutes. I rarely eat meat as I am mostly a fish guy. I went for the prime rib, one of my colleagues had the horseradish crusted prime rib, and the other colleague had the lamb chops. I requested mine with fresh horseradish on the side. All dishes were cooked exactly how we wanted them (mine was bloody red). We all agreed the dishes were delicious. I had to track down the server because she forgot my horseradish. Other than that we were good for the night. We will be back as a go to place when we don't want to drive.

Bellingham, Washington
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

There were 5 in our party and everyone thought the food was good. The mac and cheese was really good and the steaks were cooked as ordered. They had a nice wine and beer selection. The desserts were good too. The service was excellent.

Florence
“3 or 4 depends on what you get”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

OK - I was so looking forward to this... I had heard so many great things about this place. I was disappointed when I got my order crab encrusted tilapia... it was just not that good. My husband got a ribeye - and when he said well done, it was a little too well done.

We might give it a try again but for the cost and so many other options in Lexington, it will be a while.

• Visited October 2013
Paducah, Kentucky
“Great food, Mediocre service”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently went to the Chop House for a family dinner. The food is excellent, particularly the Prime Rib and the Lamb Chops. Everyone at the table ordered something different and everything was delicious! Our only problem was the service. When we were seated they did not put down any napkins or silverware. When they brought our appetizer we still did not have them and we had to track down a server to get them. The adults all ordered a cocktail before dinner and the waitress spilled my drink a little bit. She did apologize and said she would go get something to clean it up. Apparently she had a very short attention span because she did not come back with anything to clean it up, and since I didn't have a napkin at this point, I couldn't even take care of it. I had to ask twice to get it taken care of and as it was a brightly colored cocktail that would have stained my clothing, I couldn't really drink it until it was no longer dripping. I ordered a chopped salad without onions and it took the kitchen 3 tries to get it made without onions. When I did get it, it was fabulous. We were there at 5:00, well before the dinner crowd so it was a mystery as to why we were getting such indifferent service. I will go there again and give them another try since the food was so good.

1 Thank Kentucky_Kat
Lexington, Kentucky
“Place for steaks”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pretty much all steak houses have the 6OZ Filet, so that is normally what I order when I go to a steak house and this one did not disappoint. The Chop House has great steaks and they are cooked how you ask them to be cooked. The service is excellent and the manager always stops by to make sure you are happy with your meal. They also have a room in the back that gives you privacy for meetings that you can reserve.

• Visited August 2013