“Chop House? No, Chop Home.”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #38 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
“Chop House? No, Chop Home.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I have never been even slightly disappointed with any Chop House experience. The most remarkable, I guess, is the service: timely, likable, and unobtrusive. I would put their lamb chops (yes, all three) up against Shula's in Chicago; but, whatever you order be sure to have the parmesan spinach. Their atmosphere has relatively low background noise when crowded, rich wood tones and subdued lighting which is perfect for another memorable meal, perhaps, with "the" person in your life.

• Visited July 2013

“Bring back Tuscan chicken!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoy the sweet corn tamale cakes and get them almost every time. My personal favorite is the Tuscan chicken. It's amazin and I ordered it frequently with mashed potatoes and asparagus. However, the last time we were there they said it was replaced. We haven't returned so maybe they've brought it back...please do

• Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“When you want a really great steak in Lexington, that's not overpriced”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've eaten at the Chop House in Lexington and other places several times. I've always had good service and great food, so I figured it was about time I let others know how I felt about one of my favorite steak houses.

They do a great "Pittsburgh Rare" Filet Mignon. Just to my liking. Then, top that off with, perhaps, the best cheesecake in the country, imported from the Carnegie Deli in New York City (Been there many times, too.)

Chop House also has some great wallet friendly deals. I love the Baby Back Ribs dinner for just $10. Tough to beat that.

• Visited June 2013
Monterey, California
“Alright”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Whenever I have been here I have always felt like it had an antiquated atmosphere, without being classy. I suppose it just needs a facelift since the overwhelming amounts of fake foliage seem to crowd a lot of space. As for the food all I have had there has been average, I would eat there again, yet it is nothing too special.

Visited May 2013
St. George Island, Florida
“A really good place to dine”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just had lunch there today,and as usual it was excellent. We ate in the bar area and Marci was a wonderful server/barkeep. She was always bringing us drink refills and otherwise making sure we had everything we needed. I like the atmosphere and decor of the place;there's a nice and warm feeling about it. They serve every meal with a big loaf of warm bread and butter. I had the salmon and it was excellent. The only negative thing I can say about lunch was that it seems a little expensive. My lunch bill for the salmon and iced tea was $18+. I definitely place the Chop House as one of Lexington's top dining experiences.

• Visited April 2013