“See the 41 Stained Glass Windows”

Joe Bologna's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #28 of 962 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 27, 2009

If you don't go for the food, you've got to at least see the beautiful stained glass windows and how the building has kept much of its original look. Our waitress was great and the food was good and a fair price. Would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank SOKYWOMAN

Reviewed April 7, 2009

I first ate at Joe B's when I was a student at UK in 1985. I now live in Florida and twice have driven to Lexington for no other reason than a Joe B's break stick. We eat at Joe B's every time we go anywhere near Lexington. If you are accustomed to pre-packaged food, you won't like this restaurant. If you like handmade, italian-american food, you will love Joe B's. The food here is made from fresh ingredients following family recipes. The restaurant is staffed by Joe B's family and by waiters who have been there since 1985. They still remember my 'regular' order even though I go there only once every few years now. If you want to enjoy a classic Lexington, family dining experience, go enjoy Joe B's.

1  Thank elliska
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Everything is delicious from the pizzas to the pastas. We love the breadsticks with marinara. My kids call it the place with the jello bowl lights (the big red lights upstairs) :)

Reviewed February 23, 2009

I have been eating at Joe B's for over 20 years and my husband & I still eat there on a semi regular basis. I love the place. I think the food is consistently good. Their homemade soups are always yummy, my particular favorites are the potato soup and brown bean soup. They also make a great spinach salad. Pasta is always a great choice and so are their sandwiches. I am not crazy about the pizza but it just isn't the style I prefer. The hot Italian sub is so good and their Alfredo dishes are perfect. Yes, it can be heavy and yes the breadsticks sit in a pan of garlic butter. It's ITALIAN! You can get the bread sans butter, all you have to do is ask. And it is still wonderful, hot and fragrant. I can't comment on their deserts because I am always too full to order any. The service is spotty at times. You can tell when new students arrive, new staff is common at those times. So don't go if your in a big hurry although we have rarely had problems and we go often at lunch and supper but mostly lunch and always make it out in good time. The prices are very fair. Joe is precious. The old synagogue is so beautiful and makes a great setting for a meal. I think Lexington is lucky to have Joe Bologna's and I for one would miss it terribly if it were gone.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 3, 2009

No idea why people go here. I went here with high expectations and hearing of their delicious gralic bread sticks. Not impressed at all. If you like bread on top of a pool of butter then good for you, but it's not for me. The pizza is pretty bad too. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook