“College Eats”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Tolly-Ho is a local college student favorite. Make sure you tell them its your first time so you can get the special discount they offer. Always a great place to go with friends. UK basketball players are often seen here, with the occasional football player as well. Rather inexpensive food with a fun atmosphere.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Great greasy spoon. I personally am addicted to the cheddar tots. I do really miss the old location though. I've been to the new one and it just isn't the same :(

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Tolly Ho is a UK tradition for many years. Located close to the UUK campus, it is of course big with the students. But draws locals alike with great food, late hours, and a new facility. The cheddar-tots, Tolly Ho burger, Omlets and Hash Browns are legendary. Personally, I have to have a Tolly Ho Burger every time I go there! Clean, large, located close to campus and downtown.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visiting Lexington last Tuesday night, nothing was open for kitchen service after 10pm. We found this Tolly-ho and were in greasy after bar food heaven. I was shocked to see that our bill for 1 burger, 1 chicken sandwich, 1 order of onion rings, 1 soda, and 1 milkshake was $26! I saw on the front door they take the University meal card plan. How can those kids afford to eat there? Anyways, I see how it serves it's after bars shut down and drunken need food purpose.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I know this is a burger joint and will be greasy, but nothing could prepare me for what I experienced. I heard this is "one of the best burgers in Lexington" so we thought we would give it a try. We ordered a couple of "Ho-Burgers" with bacon on them. When they arrived the bacon was not cooked, so rather than risk parasites I took it off. My companion took his first bite as I watched blood-tinged grease run out of the burger onto his fries. That pretty much took my appetite. I did manage to nibble a bit around the edges, and I contented myself eating the basic crinkle cut fries. The price was definitely low, but I just expected our food to be done. They weren't busy either. Where in Lexington is the "Best Burger"?