“Great Lunch”

Saul Good Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #33 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "From scratch" kitchen serves up farm fresh salads, delicious warm sandwiches, gourmet burgers, hand tossed pizzas and features a signature chocolate bar.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I really enjoyed Saul Good in Hamburg. The outside seating is covered and very nice. Many of the dishes are unique like the Thai Pizza. I had a steak sandwich and the Crab Rangoon flat-bread. Both were excellent. Service was good. Value also good. I will be back to try more dishes.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank mrlco

Lexington, Kentucky
“I don't think so!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I am a local & my teen wanted to try Saul Good so today we did. We arrived at 2:30. Despite seeing many cars in the parking lot, the restaurant was not that busy. When we sat in the booth, it was creaky & felt worn & the table finish was peeled away. This building used to house Ruby Tuesday so I figured they bought the furniture from them. We were not impressed with the menu. Many of the entrees & sandwiches included mushrooms - my teen loathes them & I'm allergic. She ordered a pasta dish & asked to have the mushrooms left off. The server said "well it's a mix so there may still be some in it." (Why then are you charging $15?) I ordered a bacon cheese burger ($9.99) & substituted soup of the day, Thai Chicken, for the fries. My teen's salad came & the croutons were spicy so I tasted one. They were stale. Then my soup arrived. I don't know how long it had been sitting but it was tepid. I threw money on the table & we walked out. I do NOT trust that this establishment uses fresh foods & the risk of food borne illness is all that entered my mind. We will not ever go back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank NannaM114
Coral Springs, Florida
“Just OK”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were driving from Chicago to Tennessee and were staying at the Residence Inn about a mile from this restaurant. We looked at reviews on restaurants in the area and the reviews for Saul Good were all very good. We decided to eat there. It was a Sunday night and the restaurant was not very busy and we chose to sit outside. My wife ordered the encrusted Mahi and I ordered the black and blue burger. The Mahi comes with grilled vegetables and mashed potatoes. My wife asked if she could substitute for the mashed potatoes and our server said yes. My wife said the mahi was very good and moist and the glaze was very tasty. My burger, which was supposed to be medium, was well done so sort of dry. The fries were just ok. When we got our bill, we noticed they charged $1.29 to substitute for the potatoes. So, you can substitute, but you have to pay extra. We have eaten in restaurants all over the country and find this to be really unusual. In addition, they are not particularly inexpensive as my wife's Mahi was $19.99 and my burger was about $10.00.

Visited June 2014
“Great atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Just had dinner there. Ribeye steak was excellent, Asian crunch salad delicious, Caesar salad yummy, and the nachos were a great appetizer choice. Good beers and nice drink list. Service was excellent.

2 Thank Holly L
Belfry
“Great food and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

One of our favorite places to go in Lexington. You've got to try the beer cheese nachos!! I usually get them as my meal and my husband gets a pizza and we share. The pizzas are delicious!! Burgers are good too and so are the fries!

3 Thank Punkie2