“A Bit Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Limestone Blue

Limestone Blue
Ranked #247 of 885 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
United States
“A Bit Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

The concept is a good one, the atmosphere is great, the location is prime, but the food is far from stellar. We ordered one of their signature sandwiches which was on a local bakery's ciabatta. It was a difficulty sandwich to eat and the fillings were skimpy. We also had a entree salad with chicken, walnuts, fruit, etc. There was plenty of lettuce, but little else. Very, very, disappointing. I cannot imagine that they will last long serving fare like this.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank InteriorDesignProf

Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Great sandwiches and mac & cheese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Based on his recommendation, I took my son to lunch here . They have great sandwiches but their real niche is mac & cheese . Each day they have a special recipe mac & cheese and I recommend any of them .

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mark-KYBizBroker
Northborough, Massachusetts
“Nice hole in the wall for a good sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were looking for a late lunch. After more than five minutes in a small nearly empty space sitting right next to three chatty servers and a bartender we still hadn't been attended too even though we had been greeted and seated. That was the low point though as the sandwich selections were enticing, the sandwiches were great and the decor was fun and modern.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lexington, Kentucky
“Love, love, love! Yum-yum-yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm loving this place! Not only the food but the atmosphere & space. Went at 1:00 on Friday w/a friend & it was just perfect. Not too packed so getting a table was easy. I also didn't feel rushed. I had the Brie sandwich & it was d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. Our waitress was very nice also. Just wish I could remember her name so that I could write it here. She was blonde w/a pony tail That's all I've got! Go try this place!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank K B
Lexington, Kentucky
“my new favorite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Limestone Blue has a variety of great sandwiches, salads, and sides. I've had their grippos mac and cheese and the Hot Brown Mac and Cheese. Both are delicious. The "hot mamma" which is pulled buffalo chicken with a blue cheese cole slaw is to die for. Breakfast is good. And i had a sandwich with turkey, brie, bacon, and apples that was fantastic. and everything is $8. LOVE

• Visited August 2013