“Awesome little coffee shop” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome little coffee shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

It was so cold out during the christmas parade but we were able to warm up quickly with some delicious coffee. The people were very warm and inviting. They even have a pay it forward wall so you can get a coffee if you can't afford one!

Visited December 2013

Kentucky
“Loved this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I visited Cup of Commonwealth recently with my brother. I had the Chia Latte and it was one of the best I've had. The weather was great outside and we were able to sit at one of their outdoor tables and enjoy the afternoon. Will definitely stop back in when I'm in the area.

Visited July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“A truly lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I've been here several times, but I'll tell you about my first time here.

I'd heard a lot of buzz around ACoCW's opening, so I decided to visit one afternoon. Sal introduced himself to me, and we talked for a bit before he gave me a taste of their cold brew. Already struck by the intimate, friendly atmosphere, I was shocked by how much I liked cold-brewed coffee (I'd had iced coffee many times before, but never cold brew). Its acidity was low, and I loved the taste.

Happily, I ordered a full-sized cold brew and sat outside at one of the little metal chairs across from the fountain with my notebook and relaxed for a bit for the first time in what felt like forever.

I've since been back several times, both with and without friends. I love the Pay It Forward board, and I love the community-centered atmosphere. I'll probably go back today.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lexington, Kentucky
“POSITIVE VIBRATIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Listen…you can't go wrong coming to this place. If you're having a bad day, go here. From my first step in the door it was nothing but positivity and kindness. The guys who run the place are so super nice that it will turn a bad day upside down. And their nice isn't fake :-) Sometimes someone will ask you how you're doing and they really don't care! LOL!! Not these guys. Their kindness is absolutely contagious and you can tell that they genuinely like what they are doing within their coffee shop. Not only that, the coffee is fantastic! I found the coffee so yummy that I didn't even need sweetener (I normally use honey :-) It's a chill place with nice people and you walk out the door feelin' their genuine kindness. They also have the "pay it forward' program which I love. Stop in there sometime. I promise you'll enjoy it ;-)

• Visited January 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here for coffee yesterday. Very friendly staff, thanks Sal! Really great cappuccino! I will be back.

Visited October 2013

Been to A Cup of Commonwealth? Share your experiences!