“Local girl”

Boone Creek Outdoors
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Boone Creek Zip Line Canopy Tour is the newest way to access and experience the historic and spectacular Boone Creek Gorge. Our 2 1/2 hour canopy tour and zip line adventure will have you soaring in and above the trees, over the creek and through the palisades on a series of zip lines, suspended bridges and staircases. The custom “cloud cut” of our platforms and world-class construction enhances this incredible natural resource located just minutes from Downtown Lexington, Ky. You will learn about the historic role this gorge played in our local and national history, about how the unique geology helped shape our communities identity and where the “signature brands” we are known for today came from. Guides will point out seasonally unique flora and fauna that can be enjoyed from these dramatic perspectives, you will hear stories about Daniel Boone as well as lesser known local legends, all while having a great time outdoors! Come on our canopy tour for one of the most exhilarating and educational experiences to be had outside – Anywhere!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love having this so close to my home, I grew up on Boone Creek and think what the Carey's have done with Eco tourism canopy tours is such a great way to see the Gorge from a different perspective! I would and have recommended this do everyone!

5  Thank Anne W

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The guides made our experience safe and enjoyable; the landscape was beautiful; the zip line was exhilirating. We had young and old, fit and not so fit, male and female -- and speaking for my group, we had an amazing time! If you're in Kentucky, go to Boone Creek. I promise you won't be disappointed, you will be entertained and will laugh and high five one another from start to finish.

1  Thank bob v
Reviewed July 18, 2013

In March my team, wife and I ventured into something we had never tried -- zip lining! We came upon Boone Creek and we were SOLD almost immediately. The guides were very comforting, focusing on safety first. Second, the tour itself which included the zip line was informative and beautiful. The owners have done a great job in making this a safe, beautiful, fun experience for the eight of us. Young and old -- fit and not so fit, everyone will enjoy this experience. Worth every minute, a low cost adventure which creates lasting memories. GO!

2  Thank Bob V
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We came and did a zipline tour for our two-year wedding anniversary. We were amazed that something so awesome was in Lexington...just minutes from our home. Felt like we were counties away. We had a great time and felt safe. We also learned about the trees and zip lining in general. BCO is making a great use of preserving and displaying the beautiful scenery. Thank you to our zip guides and to Boone Creek Outdoors for a wonderful memory.

2  Thank Kristen K
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Spectacular scenery, beautiful course, easily accessible from I-75!

I've done several of the other zipline canopy tours in Kentucky, and this is my favorite!

1  Thank KYOutdoorGuy