“Decent”

Giuseppe's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Giuseppe's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Decent”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was good, but highly over priced. There is so much hype about this restaurant and it just didn't live up to it in our opinions. The asparagus appetizer was amazing and our other food was enjoyable.

• Visited December 2012

“Good place for brunch!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We chose Guiseppe's for my husbands birthday but didn't realize they offered Sunday brunch as well as their regular menu from 11:00-2:30. Although we were a few minutes late for our reservation we were greeted and seated immediately. Our drink orders were taken with assurance that our waitress would be with us shortly. She was and, while she did not introduce herself, she was pleasant and efficient, bringing the bread basket, answering our questions and taking our order. The muffins and bread were very good and served with plenty of butter. We all ordered from the brunch menu. The quiche was very good with a mixed greens and tomato salad with vinaigrette (not too "vinegary.") and fresh grated provolone. My husband got the Canadian bacon and eggs Benedict which he liked, especially the hash browns which were wonderful. My son in studying to be a chef and tends to be ultra critical, but his blackened red bass got a "very good." High praise from him indeed. The waitress delivered the bill without inquiring if we would like dessert. Three creme brûlée and a cannoli for dessert were wonderful. Price was fair for what we ordered.

• Visited August 2013
“Job well done!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Our party of 30 (we made reservations) hit the resturant at 800 pm on a Saturday night and had the whole back room. After 30 minutes of mingling we finally settled down and seated ourselves. Two immeditely waitresses took over and did a wonderful job the whole night. Drink orders were immediately taken and delivered quickly. Appetizers, salads. and dinner entries were perfectly timed and since we had 30 people, many entries were served. I heard lots of praise for the food by everyone. My wife's almond crusted halibut was over cooked though but considering the huge order we understood maybe why that happened. Our group was the last out the door at 1130 and the staff did not pressure us to leave. That was a nice touch. It was interesting that gratuity was not automatically included and yes there were many split checks with no errors. Wow. Great job!

• Visited August 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Upscale, but not uptight”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I live in the area and go to Giuseppe's every year for our anniversary (and other special occasions). It is very elegant, with great food and superb service. I have never had a bad meal. While everything is fantastic, I highly recommend the arancini as an appetizer, any of their house favorites as a main course, and the molten lava cake for dessert. You can't go wrong. I am not sure why people have written bad reviews about service because in the ten years I have been going, I have NEVER had a bad experience. They have always gone out of their way to make us feel special. We have even been on Valentines Day and had exceptional service (and they were BUSY). This place is a hidden treasure and as good as any New York, Chicago, or DC establishment I have ever been to. They are excellent!

• Visited July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Bad service and Management”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

To-go order - I've been few times in this restaurant and my daughters like their Gnocchi, which is pretty decent. Never had any complains until today when I put a to-go order.
The problem started when the person that took my order (4 entrees) said that I could add a soup or a salad to my entrees and I added 4 Cesar salads. When I arrived to pick my order up I noticed an extra $20 on my bill related to 4 Cesar salads and when I inquired about this, I was told that I got an upgraded salad instead of the normal House salad. When I mentioned that nothing was mentioned to me by the person that took my order on the phone, I heard just one "I'm sorry".
If you think that this was the worst part just hold on. As soon as I arrived home and opened the 4 entrees, my daughters and I noticed that the portions were very small, like the appetizer portion that they offer in their menu, instead of the entree portion size.
I called the restaurant immediately and asked for the manager. The person on the phone asked for my number so the manager could call me back. I gave my number and after 2.5 hours without no one calling me back, I called the restaurant again.
The person that answered the phone identified himself as the manager (Oscar) and for my surprise it was the same person that told me only "I'm sorry" when I was picking up my order.
After I report my complain about the portions size, he asked me to hold on for a minute and put me in hold while he was checking the order with the chef. After a brief moment he returned to the phone and told me that his chef said that my order was prepared as entree size.
I told him I' have been few times in his restaurant and know pretty well the difference between the entree and the appetizer size and what I was charged as entree size was not the same size as normally served in the restaurant. The manager one more time apologize and told me that if I return to the restaurant he would buy me an appetizer.
It is unbelievable that a restaurant that is on business for so many years can have a manager that is incapable to handle customers complains like any other restaurant normally do. Then when the business start to get slow and losing customers the owner don't know why...

• Visited July 2013