“Hits all the right notes”
Review of Dudley's on Short

Dudley's on Short
Reserve with OpenTable
Dudley's on Short is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 945 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Lexington, Dudley's On Short offers award winning modern American cuisine with a wine list and service to match.
Reviewed February 16, 2006

Going to Dudley's is about more than the food. The bar is warm and cozy; this is one fun place to drink! I usually have dinner in the bar because I like the informality of it, but if you want a more formal experience choose the lovely dining room. This restaurant is in a beautiful historic building with great tall ceilings and impressive woodwork. The management is hands-on; the owner is almost always there. The primary maitre d' is courteous and delightful. The wait staff is friendly and professional. The menu is interesting. You can go expensive, or you can combine appetizers to make a more reasonable meal. I keep going back for the quality of the whole experience -- the atmosphere, the friendly and professional staff, the excellent food, wonderful wine list. In summer, there's an outdoor patio, the perfect place to have a cocktail or glass of champagne on a summer evening. This restaurant is blue ribbon all the way. It's consistently one of Lexington's best dining experiences.

3  Thank bosmom

Reviewed February 11, 2006

We just had a nice lunch here on a cold winter day with our daughter and son-in law. We ate in the back room- a cheery, bright section. The front part which houses the bar has deep red walls and is dark and cozy. The menu was outstanding; I had a difficult time choosing! I ended up with the quiche filled with asparagus and smoked trout with fruit. Yummy. The portions were quite large as well. My husband had salmon with fresh cooked spinach. The Dudley's pasta dish that my son-in law enjoyed was huge- filled with chicken and vegetables and perfect on a wintery day. No dessert for us- we were stuffed! The service was very good as well. Glad to have found this place!

5  Thank LLindaC
Reviewed August 10, 2005

What a nice place to have lunch downtown. I had a salad, burger, and fries. Dining room was Southern elegant.

I look forward to returning to Dudley's and trying some of the other dishes on their menu.

My lunch came to $23.00.

4  Thank TravelingGuy
Reviewed August 24, 2004

My husband and I go to Keeneland for two nights in the spring and fall and we always, always eat one night at Dudley's. The huge antique bar is awesome, and you can also eat on the outdoor patio if the weather is nice. My favorite place to eat is in the "wine room," which is downstairs and more intimate than the upstairs dining room. No matter where we're seated the food is excellent. Try the pasta Dudley's style, filet with sauteed mushrooms or yellowfin tuna. Try Dudley's and you will not be disappointed.

6  Thank bitshull
Reviewed June 24, 2004

Dudley's is a most popular Restaurant in Lexington - the locals love it. The food is quite good and the wine list is one of the best in town - but this quality comes with a price. This is one of the most expensive menu's you'll find in Lexington - I won't say it's not worth it - but you may want to try the less expensive lunch menu first before you dive in for the full evening dinner. Has a very nice patio for outdoor eating.

3  Thank SeeTheWorld24