“Delicious entrees & attentive service”
Review of Dudley's on Short

Dudley's on Short
Reserve with OpenTable
Dudley's on Short is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 946 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Lexington, Dudley's On Short offers award winning modern American cuisine with a wine list and service to match.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Made 6:00 pm reservations. A friend and I were seated in the darker, more intimate section of the restaurant. We shared starters of puffy, golden, blue cheese beignets (barely a hint of cheese) and cold sliced eggs. My comarade had the battered soft shelled crab and I had the paella without the choirizo. We both thought our meal was delicious. Coming right at 6 before the crowd provided a quiet time to enjoy the appetizers and wine. Our waiter, with a George Hamilton tan, was charming and attentive.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Very charming rooftop space.....heard music trickling in from somewhere and the stars at night....nice dessert and coffee ambiance.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We made a reservation and were told we couldn't sit in the front room because 2 hours later they were expecting a large group. This didn't start out well. I had the baked brie which was cold the time it got to the table. We had the rib eye which was fatty and cold. The cosmos were good, but i wouldn't go back.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Didn't know how to "title" a review, hence the reference to "CB". But I loved this place! In a funky (aka "in") part of downtown - with easy (on Sunday) street parking. Really good wine list.
Note to singles/solos - lots of "halfs" of recognizable vineyards, which is good. Food menu - clever and interesting. My choices - exceeded my expectations.
I'd go back when I'm back in Lexington. Recommend you try it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed the food, with the slow roasted lamb being a standout. I really enjoyed the warm Brussels sprout salad with pine nuts, and family members loved the scallops. A definite place to return to the next time we are in town!