“Busters bartenders are busted”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Buster's Billiards & Backroom
Lexington, Kentucky
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Busters bartenders are busted”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

All of the bartenders here are rude and don't deserve tips and the owners who allow this to continue don't deserve your business. There also seems to be a lot of drug use going on there.

Visited April 2014

Versailles, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sad, sad place”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

First off, let me start by saying I absolutely love the building itself and some of the acts they bring in that wouldn't fit anywhere else in town. There is so much potential in a place like that, and we would love to be able to call that our favorite local live music bar. Unfortunately, until changes are made, myself and quite a few others will not be back.

We have had the same experience on multiple occasions, but this is mostly focused on Yonder Mountain String Band's show.

1. One of our main complaints is with the staff and bartenders. Everyone is really, really cold and mean. It almost seems like the theme to be rude around there. Every order I make, I am over charged with no consistency. One order of 2 beers and 3 well shots came out to $36. When asking what the prices per drink were, the bartender responded, "I don't know, $7 or $8 I think," followed with, "I don't have to take this, I'm busy and you just need to pay." I ordered a beer by itself to test the price, sure enough I was charged $8. I went to the other side and waited for someone else to order the same beer. They were charged $6. Also, I will never set up a tab again and I tell everyone I know to avoid the same. Every tab I have run (which is always $50-$75 more than expected), I have to correct 5-6 drinks that were somehow added to my tab and then defend my case as the bartender blows up on me.

2. Sound issues. Please know that I say this very softly, as I have been involved with stage crew in the past and understand how mistakes happen. The only reason I bring this up is because I overheard several employees talking about it as intentional. During the encore for Yonder, around 12:45, the sound abruptly cut in and out. Yonder was able to pull off quite an amazing acoustic finish, but you couldn't help but feel cheated. No explanation was given, and many felt like it was a way to "flicker the lights" and signal the band to finish. It was also peculiar that the problem never happened earlier in the shows. Ouch! Once again, this is hard for me to believe but given the overall reputation of the club, this is the general thought.

3. A thread was started on Reddit to see if other's felt the same. Although some are not constructive with their thoughts, I feel like it is a good representation of shared views (redd.it/1vz0bq). I also saw someone on facebook with a PSA stating they were overcharged and reporting the business to the BBB.

EDIT: All of these thoughts were sent on to the owner long before posted. Never received a response

4 Thank Pat J