“Great all around”
Review of The JDI Grille & Tavern - CLOSED

The JDI Grille & Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I also went to JDI on the recommendation of my hotel's front desk, and was pleased that it was conveniently located and had its own parking lot. The black bean burger was shockingly good, and the drinks I had (a specialty cocktail and a local beer) were both great. It was one of the few places on the trip where I had good meatless choices that didn't seem perfunctory. The servers were the right level of attentive, and didn't rush anything.

There are newer reviews for The JDI Grille & Tavern

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived in Lexington late in the day and asked at the hotel front desk about good local casual restaurants. The desk clerk suggested JDI and we were very pleased with our visit. The service was very good and as we are not from the area, I was pleased that our server was very helpful with both recommendations at JDI and offering hints on more to do in Lexington. I had the pulled pork dinner which was very tasty. With good food, a fun atmosphere and more than 70 choices of bourbon, I will return on my next trip to Lexington!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food and atmosphere are good overall. The service made the experience very poor. The server told us about the happy hour specials, and when we received the check, we were charged full price and she said that she was unable to correct the error. We asked her to get the manager to correct it, but he told her that he could not do it either. The manager never came to our table to discuss the issue with us and our server also never came back to the table. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a wonderful spot for very well made pub food. Atmosphere was great and the staff is very friendly. The walls open up and create a patio atmosphere that is great for when the weather is nice. Great selection of beers on draft and a really cool place to just hang out with friends and family. Service was a little slow and they weren't that busy. If we were pressed for time it would've been inconvenient but we had plenty of time so it didn't matter much. Check out this spot!!!