“Perfect patio for good food and great friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Jax - CLOSED

The Jax
Cuisines: American, Spanish
Colorado
“Perfect patio for good food and great friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner here with family and friends. Jax burger was good and my husband loved the bone-in pork chop. Waiter was very pleasant and did not rush us out of our great street side patio table.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Good Food, Good Service, Good Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife, 1 year-old and myself were looking for a place to eat in Downtown Lexington and found Jax. Not the best place for young children (loud, long food wait, tight spaces for high chair), but great for couples, friends, etc. However, we still dined here and enjoyed our food. Besides the hostess being unfriendly, aloof and a deer in headlights, the rest of the wait staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. A great wine selection and an excellent array of dining selections. We enjoyed hearty salads, chicken parmesan that had a delicious marinara sauce with a slight kick. I enjoyed a well-prepared salmon with goat cheese over roasted vegetables that was full of flavor. I am a huge fan of beignets from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans, and Jax offers a nice variation of beignets that are worth the wait to make.

• Visited May 2014
Lexington
“late night eats and drinks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were a group of 8, and we met here about 10 PM. We enjoyed a seating area upstairs with comfortable couches and a large table. The drinks and burgers with fries were OK. (The Jax burger with fries was $15!) Our server was friendly, and we all had a great time!

• Visited February 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Disappointed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

We arrived at The Jax before our scheduled reservation time and were seated early. The restaurant had great ambiance and decor. It was a really good first impression. Then our waiter came to our table... We asked what a particular dish was and he had no idea. Ok, no big deal, we have smart phones. After an hour of ordering our dinner...my medium rare steak came out cold. I never ever send food back, but I asked the waiter to at least heat it up for me. He did and it came back lukewarm. The asparagus was really hot and tasty though! For that amount of money, I do not expect my steak to be cold. My dates dish (some kind of stir fry) was really sweet, but had good flavor.

Visited February 2014
Georgetown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This Place will Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

It is said that if two or more eateries have failed in a given location then future eating establishments are doomed there as well. Since living in Lexington over the past four years I've seen two restaurants come and go in the space now occupied by The Jax. It appears to me that the owners/managers of this laid-back restaurant are working hard to dispel the bad luck. The Jax is clean, welcoming, cheerful, and provides a $5 happy hour of selected wines and appetizers to set the mood. I met a friend for dinner last night and started our meal with a very decent $5 Malbec before ordering the Lexington Chicken for dinner. We had a bit of wait before the meal arrived, but it was well worth the time. The delicious noodles come from two blocks north: the Lexington Pasta Company. Topped with perfectly cooked sun-dried tomatoes and surrounded by generous slices of pistachio encrusted chicken breast this made for a hearty and delicious meal. The servings were generous enough that I had another meal's worth to take home. The atmosphere was quiet until the hour neared 7:00 p.m. when the Adult Bingo crowd was ready to take over. What a creative idea for an otherwise quiet Sunday night downtown. It's creativity like this combined with the food and decent prices that will keep the community curious about The Jax and coming back for more.

• Visited February 2014