“Great atmosphere,oysters and drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Jax - CLOSED

The Jax
Cuisines: American, Spanish
“Great atmosphere,oysters and drinks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Had 2 dozen oysters because they were so good. The waitress recommended 2 drinks and both were wonderful. Interesting people watching due to location.

• Visited July 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Yummy....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I enjoyed Jax :-) It's in a great locale with fantastic outdoor seating. Lots of people watching right in the heart of downtown Lexington. It's kid friendly (if you have children that can behave at the table :-) The tacos were delicious and we enjoyed the hummus plate. If I could say anything negative about the food it would be that I don't like how thick the pita chips are made. I like them to be a little thinner. My salad was excellent and the wine was tasty :-) Great place to enjoy dinner or a drink after work with friends.

• Visited June 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Great wine and app night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We had a ladies' night at Jax this past Tuesday for a girlfriend's birthday. There were 6 of us. We enjoyed half price bottles of Pinot Grigio and shared almost every one of their appetizers - we kept ordering them because they were all so delicious. Plus, the server was warm and friendly, too. Ended up being very affordable since wine was half price. I will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great good, prices and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went a few weeks ago when they were having $5 specials for some smaller portions of their food. Everything was great.

To start, we had to wait just a couple of minutes for a table and the bartender got us a drink immediately. I wasn't sure what I wanted so he let me taste the champagne. It was good, not too sweet or too dry.

We were quickly seated and had a wonderful waiter. He answered all of our questions and gave several recommendations. Since there were 4 of us, we were able to try many things. Guacamole (really good with a little slice on the "mild"), Caprese salad (very fresh with seceral dlices of french bread), Santorini salad (stacked veggies with creamy goat cheese. this was the waiter's #1 suffestion), shrimp ceviche (my fave, very flavorful), pork sliders, chicken curry (spicy abs delicious) and burger sliders with fries. We all shared the plantains with homemade coconut whipped cream and chocolate beignets with chocolate sauce.

The atmosphere was great. We arrived late, after 9p and it was still crowded. There was live music, which was Ben Lacy, an awesome guitar player. It wasa tad loud inside, but that dud f bother us at all.

We plan to go back often. This is a very nice restaurant at an affordable price.

• Visited June 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Not worth your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a date night about a month ago and were not too thrilled with our experience. We also waited at least 15 minutes for a server to stop by our table and another 10 minutes for waters to drink, followed by another 15 minutes for our bottle of wine. When we finally ordered dinner, they were out of two of their entrees (both of which were two of their only pasta/vegetarian dishes). After re-deciding, we ordered an appetizer of goat cheese medallions w assorted veggies and two orders of sliders. On the menu it said "goat cheese medallions". Plural. What came out was the smallest medallion of goat cheese I've ever seen and a bunch of vegetables. We asked our server if it would be possible to get another one since we were splitting the app and even offered to pay for it. She went and asked the chef.. Apparently he/she said no because they wouldn't accommodate the request at all. We then asked for some bread since we were starving and waiting for our entrees. We were told it was considered an appetizer and would have to pay for it. Are you kidding me? Our entrees finally arrived and were the smallest portions I've ever eaten in my life. No manager visit to the table to try and appease us, water glasses were low/empty our whole meal and it took us about 2.5 hrs to eat. My bf and I left and got some tacos from a vendor on the street afterward because we were still hungry! We both served tables for years and usually don't complain but this was a joke!! Don't waste your time or money here.

• Visited May 2013