“Sauce too spicy for kid's menu... too focused on drinks.”

Johnny Carino's Italian
Ranked #75 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From our signature Handmade Lasagna to our famous Spicy Shrimp and Chicken, Carino's offers Italian
“Sauce too spicy for kid's menu... too focused on drinks.”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Apparently the sauce was WAY too spicy for the children's menu. The complimentary bread was nice. They focused too much on wines and beer. No adults in my family drink, so it was weird. But the food was good, the service was nice, and the bathrooms were clean. Recommend for someone whose kids don't order marinara sauce or like spicy food.

• Visited July 2014

Somerset, Kentucky
“Unfortunate”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went there with my niece and get young daughter. She lives in a small town and doesn't eat out often. Should have known what was in store as the hostess "lost track of us" as she started talking to someone. Waited for about 7-8 min for her to finish her conversation and finally seat us. Then came waitstaff service. Horrible. Ordered two meals off the lunch menu and kids meal. My niece looks at me and says this is horrible. My meal was equally bad and the chicken for the kids meal had so much pepper none of us could eat it. To complicate the matter our server had a disability that made it difficult to understand her. Because of this we felt uncomfortable saying anything. Then when paying our server took my credit card she was gone almost 10 min before returning. I'm glad I gave her my credit card and not my debit card and we couldn't understand her excuse on being gone so long but we saw her go to other tables and kitchen like she forgot about us. I'm normally not one to complain or post about bad experiences but I can truly say I won't be back. Horrible experience and I took my niece to culvers afterwards since we were all still hungry. What a shame.

• Visited July 2014
kentucky
“Great options”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The food is always great! They will always offer any dinners with a lunch portion so feel free to scope the whole menu when trying to decide what to eat day or night

Lemont, Illinois
“WOW”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is awesome. I went back the second night and ordered the same dish. Angel hair pasta and artichokes and I added shrimp. the hot bread and olive oil is wonderful. Generous wine pour too. I sat at the bar and read the paper and they were more than accomodating.

Visited July 2014
“Extremely disappointing! My family went to eat at this Carinos and there was a bug in one of our salads... and to make matters e”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to enjoy a lunch at this Carinos and when we received our salads....there was a bug in mine. We received our Main dishes very soon after and sadly no one in my group could eat. We tried but we were pretty disgusted , not only about the bug , but how it was handled. The waitress offered to bring me a soup but after checking through it for bugs...we gave up on lunch. To really make everything worse, we were not only charged for the entire meal.... I was also up charged for the salad!
This whole ordeal should have been handled very differently. I wanted to give this Carinos another chance, so I have tried to contact the management team...and NO one has returned any calls. So, it is quite obvious to me, that this place of business....DOES NOT want our business. I am writing this review in hopes that others will think long and hard before making the choice of spending their money here. We are very disappointed.

• Visited May 2014