“MANAGEMENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLIENT AT THIS LONGHORN”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #109 of 983 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I go to Longhorn in cities around the country. I've always had a good experience, and the food is routinely excellent. However, my experience at the Lexington Longhorn was very disappointing.

We arrived at 7PM and were told there would be a 20 minute wait. I observed the restaurant was about 3/4 full. There were a number of patrons ahead of us.

There were easily 8-10 empty tables that were not bussed. Even after our seating, other patrons came and had the same 20 minute wait. Those tables still remained empty and not bussed.

Were I a regional mgr of Longhorn stopping there for dinner, I'd fire that manager ASAP, that nite.

This is simply a case of management not giving half a wit for providing prompt service to the client service.

I can say FOR SURE I will NEVER, EVER dine at that Longhorn again. If you don't mind waiting 20+ minutes for a table at a less than full restaurant, go for it. Or, go someplace else where the staff actually cares about your dining experience.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I had ribs, baked sweet potato, salad with raspberry vinegarette and a hot fudge sundae. Ribs were some of the best I have had great flavor fall off the bone, potato and salad were also very good. Their regular deserts are huge so I asked if they had simple sundaes waitress said yes, I tried the hot fudge sundae and experienced one of the best I have ever had. The ice cream was in fact the best ever. Truly a wonderful surprise I would love to know the brand.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

About ten years ago or so, my family used to love going to Longhorn Steakhouse. It was an in-demand place back then with quality food and good service. Now, however, it has depriciated in all aspects. The plate I ordered (pork tenderloin) was undercooked and and chewy. My family mentioned that their meals were sub-par as well. Definitely not the Longhorn that we remember. I'm disappointed that it seems to be going downhill because this was one of the only places that I would eat steak. Hate to say it, but I won't be eating here ever again.

1  Thank MrsHayes589
Reviewed March 13, 2011

On my first visit the service was terrible but I decided to go back at ther urging of a friend. The service was much better and the food was excellent. I have returned several times since.

Reviewed January 31, 2011

For our 23rd anniversary, my husband and I chose to eat at Longhorn steakhouse. It has become our favorite place to enjoy a steak dinner.

To start our dinner we ordered the chili cheese fries. The fries were cooked to a golden brown with lots of cheese and bacon bits. Not a lot of chili on them this time though, but just enough jalapeno peppers to satisfy our need for that extra spicy-hot bite when we wanted it. The bread they bring to the table is flavorful but it looks like they've cut back on how big of a loaf they offer, but I'm sure it would be no problem to ask for more if one wanted it. Our salads were fresh and had just enough dressing (I had the Ceasar and hubby had the Garden). For the main course I ordered Flo's Filet with Lobster Tail while hubby ordered the 12 oz Ribeye. I could almost cut my filet with a fork, it was cooked perfectly, and it was delicious. The lobster tail was good but not as good as I've had at Red Lobster. I probably won't get another lobster tail from Longhorn. I always have to order their "Perfect Margarita" which is enough to fill my margarita glass twice. They are one of the best I've tasted. I love them. The waitress was kind, helpful and did a wonderful job.

Our anniversary dinner here was enjoyable and delicious. We've chosen to eat at Longhorn multiple times and I can only remember once that I was a tad disappointed in a thinner than usual Ribeye that I'd ordered. Other than that, each dinner here has been a great meal with exceptional tasting steaks. This is why we keep coming back.