“I really wanted to like this place”

Paisano's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #212 of 969 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I try to frequent local businesses as often as I can and was excited about trying another local Italian joint in Lexington. A solo diner, I was kindly greeted and given my choice of seating in the dining room on a weekday night. When I identified myself as a first-time diner, the server took extra time to tell me about the restaurant. I ordered a side salad and chicken parmesan. The salad was not particularly special; the homemade vinaigrette was too sweet for my palate. The chicken parmesan was enormous but otherwise fairly forgettable. I left somewhat unsatisfied with my meal, though service was good. This certainly is not a terrible restaurant, but, for me, there are multiple better options for Italian food in Lexington; I can't justify a return visit to Paisano's (and I hate writing that!).

3  Thank RedsFanSC

Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I chose Paisano's to celebrate our Anniversary. We were warmly greeted right away and given our choice of a booth or table. We chose a quiet table in the back. Our server was kind, attentive, and helpful. I ordered the Pasta & Meat and my wife ordered a Chicken and vegetable dish. As other reviewers have mentioned, the included salads are very small, although the homemade blue cheese dressing was delicious. The rolls are warm and amazing and they will bring you more if you ask! My dinner was great, consisting of a sampling of Italian sausage (delicious), meatball (very tasty), spaghetti, ravioli, and a stuffed shell. The sauce is clearly homemade and the pasta was cooked well. My wife was not a big fan of her dish, as she said the vegetables were not cooked well, although the pasta & chicken were fine. All in all, we enjoyed the atmosphere and will probably return.

1  Thank TravelinManDan
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Enjoyed our meal at Paisanos. Purchased through Groupon and gave it a try. Good food and excellent service. Would return.

1  Thank Ted S
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Didnt get greeted till 15 min after seated. Took our order didnt get drinks till afyer our salads came out... food was dry bland and everything was covered in sauce. Im a server... worat servive and food ive ever had. Idk how thia place is still open

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I can see why some of the reviewers would express dissatisfaction with the service here. This is a place that is not to be rushed. If you want fast Italian, then go to Fazoli's or even Carino's or Olive Garden. We first visited this place in 1985 and after 28 years decided to go again this past weekend. There were only a few tables occupied when we arrived at dinner hour on Saturday. However, after an hour the place was nearly full. Service was attentive, and a bit quirky. Again, this is a place for a date or for a leisurely meal that is not to be rushed. The salads were above average and the blue cheese dressing made in-house excellent. Chicken parm entrée was outstanding. The sauce was obviously homemade and not mass produced. The spaghetti side was a nice complement. Service size was huge. All in all, a wonderful meal, in spite of the shopping center locale and the obtrusive fluorescent lights outside. It will not be 28 years before we return.