“Wonderful Hot Brown”

A. P. Suggins Bar & Grill
Ranked #107 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Ate at Suggins last night. It is always a great spot to eat in Lexington. I love the hot brown and can't seem to bring myself to order anything else. It is always piping hot and loaded with turkey and cheese! Our server was excellent and another backed her up clearing away plates, etc.

We walked right in, table of 4, at 6:30pm and got seated in the dining room. When we left they had a short wait at the door. Prices are very reasonable. It's kind of a tricky area to park, as this is an older neighborhood but for me that's part of the charm.

1  Thank gandersonsc

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great menu with all types of entrees, sandwiches and salads. The four at our table all ordered different items and all were very satisfied. Arrived between 5:30-6:00 pm and go last high top in bar. Dining room was full. When we left it was still crowded, but they handle crowds very well and service was excellent.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The service was great, our server was very sweet. I had the fried catfish (it was so good), my husband had the hot brown, he loved it..great atmosphere, friendly people, good prices. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had never eaten a Hot-brown, so I ordered it. I didn't know what to expect. If you don't like cheese avoid this. It had at least a half pound of cheese on it. I was with my mother-in-law and felt I should eat it. I don't want any more cheese for a month. It was cold in there when we arrived just as lunchtime began. Service was fine.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

In a town full of chain restaurants and trendy newcomers give me a place like A.P. Suggins. Time tested and obviously well supported by the neighborhood no one would mistake the food here for haute cuisine. However, on a cold winter night our open-faced sandwiches, hot brown, and fried chicken livers accompanied by some Country Boy Pumpkin Ale just hit the spot.

1  Thank mjpascuzzi