“Great country food and Southern hospitality”
Review of Ramsey's Diner

Ramsey's Diner
Ranked #30 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you love country food and Southern hospitality, this is the place! I was so impressed that I gave them one of my Tripadvisor stickers to put in their window. We chose the Helmsdale Place location because it was closest to our hotel, but we hit the jackpot! Jill, our waitress, was a good 'ole Southern girl who treated us like family. There are lots of entrees and vegetables to choose from. I had the fried chicken breasts and my husband had the country style steak. Be sure to try the parmesan corn on the cob - delicious! There are "too many" desserts to choose from, but the tollhouse pie was great. I just wish I lived closer so I could go every week!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If there was a line 20 deep I'd wait in a driving rainstorm in 35 degree weather. That's how good the food and service is at this fine established diner. Ramsey's has several locations in Lexington but because of its close proximity to Hamburg we actually drove past a dozen to get to this amazing place.

We had the homemade chicken salad for lunch this visit and believe me; it was soooooo good! Try the stewed tomatoes, fabulous! Homemade pies are available but we have never had room enough try them.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I read a review that found this restaurant to be less than she expected and thought perhaps the locals who reccommended it simple had no "food savvy". To that reviewer, I can only ask, what did you expect when you go to a very casual, homey restaurant with a "meat and two" menu of mostly southern comfort food? The thing I like best about Ramsey's is exactly what the previous reviewer did not. The food is always consistent no matter which location you choose and it is always very good what it is. Fried chicken livers or country fried steak with mashed potatos may not be for everyone, but if this is what you want, Ramsey's is the place to go. The serivce is almost always great and when the unsweetened ice tea is always good and fresh.

Please ignore that nasty, catty review before and go have a good simple meal.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Decided to try Ramsey's based on TripAdvisor reviews on a recent trip to Lexington. Wow, this was the worst dining experience of my life! These reviews must be written by locals with no food savvy for this place to rate so high. The food wasn't even as flavorful as Cracker Barrel. Even the pies were terrible - the Butterscotch pie was overly sweet and the Black Bottom Banana pie was 95% cool whip and had not a single banana in it. We went around 5p on a Friday and were seated at the only remaining table near the front where people were waiting - actually about 4 feet (with no divider) from where people were waiting. About halfway through our meal, so many people were waiting that we were being bumped by womens' purses, had some rude patrons leaning on the extra chairs at our table and talking so loud we couldn't have a conversation across the table. The waitress stopped coming to check on us because she couldn't get to us for this heard of ignorant cattle. Management should have stepped in and asked these people to wait outside, but they did nothing. I'm pretty sure they were in fire code violation at that point and in hindsight wished I had called to report them. The food was flavorless and overpriced, the atmosphere was terrible, the service non-existent and even the pies were awful. I have never before wished I was bulemic so that I could vomit up this meal and start over somewhere else. This was a complete TripAdvisor FAIL!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Went to eat with friends. Good food, excellent service and reasonably priced. I would go back next time I'm in town.