“almost good”

China Buffet
Ranked #715 of 969 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food was almost good. The flavoring was good, the crab meat was a bit on the soft side meaning it was not kept cold, the stuffed crab was very good as was the mussels. The sushi was all rice and little fish,refills on drinks was slow in coming, and the waitress tried to hurry you out after your first plate, some what rushed..the tea was ok the coffee was green ? but tasted ok. The ice cream machine was broke. The restaurant was very cleaned the price was on the cheap side. With a little work this would be a good place to eat just not yet.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This place use to be pretty good, but the staff and food have gone down hill. I was one of three people, got a watered down Dr. Pepper and only got one refill, and food was old and not good on buffet. I asked if some new stuff was coming out and was told no. I couldn't get staffs attention (they were to busy talking) to get anymore refills, had to stand up to get my check, and was told the little bit I had left I couldn't take with me. Very rude staff, won't be back, really sad it use to be really good place!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I have eaten there previously and it was decent, but mainly cheap. However, the last time we ate there it was horrible and very expensive. We made the mistake of going there on Sunday where we paid 7.99 for the buffet plus 1.00 for soda. We didn't realize it wasn't lunch price until we sat down. I honestly wouldn't care to pay extra on Sunday if they had better food, but the exact same choices were on the buffet as regular lunches M-F. While paying I asked the lady checking us out about it and another lady came up to us yelling, telling us if we didn't like it not to come back and that other buffet's around the area were over 15.00. China Buffet employees have no respect for their customers, we will never be back. My advice is to never go there because there food is barely edible. There lunch price used to be 4.99 that's the only reason we ever went back in the first place

1  Thank Lauren R