“Neat Place - Food was normal”
Review of Parkette Drive In

Parkette Drive In
Ranked #89 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Rogers, Arkansas
“Neat Place - Food was normal”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I wasn't very impressed with the burgers. I love good burgers and quite frankly it didn't wow me. I felt it was even less than a Red Robin burger. Heard people rave about the onion rings, so I tried them and my friend who added them to his burger got more than I did in my side order. 4 onion rings for 3ish bucks. I wouldn't drive out of my way to go back, but I was in town and found it on DDD. Funnel cake fries were pretty good though!

New Richmond, Ohio
“Cool ambience”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Saw the restaurant on DDD. Constructions made it a little confusing to get in. Service was not the greatest. My daughter had to go to the counter for a drink refill. The waitress was standing at the counter talking to a regular. Parkette poorboy was good but nothing amazing. Drive-in service looks cool but it was too hot to sit in the car to eat. Good expericene but I would not go out of my way to go again.

• Visited May 2013
“Purty dang good!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This here mighty fine resarant had everthing you are lookin fer. Good burgers, beer, a place for me to park my truck and sweet southern gals sweeter than grandma Junes sun tea. The fried chickins best I had and it comes with fries tots or onyin rangs. They got a nice outside eatin area with decerations that remind me of my days back fore I left for the navy. I used to go to a nice little diner back home in Tenesee right on down the road from mommas farm. Shoot I could ride daddy's tractor there it's so close. I'd bring home some scraps to feed to my hound Barney. He had such a good sniffer he could smell me comin home with is food a mile back! Any ways she sure is a good place and I feel comforble in a sleeveless. Ain't too fancy like the KFC.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Great Food and Nostalgia”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Parkette Poorboy is a tasty double decker burger and a traditional favorite at this diner that has been in Lexington since 1951. I usually eat my Poorboy with fries or tater tots and a root beer. The fish sandwich and fried chicken are excellent too. Don't forget to save room for a banana split or a piece of strawberry pie. You can enjoy your food in your car or in the dining room with booths, old photos and a juke box that plays music from the 50s and 60s. You can also dine in the just added dine-in garage section of the restaurant. Parkette serves great food in a setting that will take you to another time.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank danigirlky
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Perfect lunch stop!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

While traveling from the west back to PA we were hoping to find some outstanding southern fried chicken. This popped up on Trip Advisor and Yelp so we picked it over Indie's and Richie's. the drive-in aspect was appealing, although we went ini the dining room.

We have two boys, 11 & 6, who were thrilled to see the pinball machine and "Bugertime" video and that had 60 vintage video game options. After driving all day this was a much needed break.

The 'garage' dining room is brand new and very cool!! We sat there and were graciously greeted by a young lady (who we overheard was the owners' daughter).

She asked if we'd been there before and took time to go over each page on the menu and point out the highlights.

We went with the 1/2 mix fried chicken for each adult and the chicken tender children's basket for each boy (both with chocolate shakes and one with onion rings).

The children's meals were so cute! They came out in cardboard GM '55 Chevy replicas!! The chicken tenders (2 large per meal) were hand-dipped, not frozen. The onion rings were the BEST!!! I wish I had my own order!

The adult chicken meals came with 3 pieces of fried chicken, a container of tasty cole slaw and a container of white, peppery chicken gravy which also was the BEST! Fries and gravy?! Yum!!

The overall experience was awesome, although we hoped for something a little more fantastic for the fried chicken.

It was tasty ... Don't get me wrong. The meat was really juicy and tender, but we expected something a little more salty or flavorful. The fried chicken is cooked in lard where the tenders aren't. My son said the tenders were more flavorful.

The root beer and Orange Crush floats were amazing and HUGE, and the boys' chocolate shakes were also super tasty.

Wish we lived closer so we could try everything on the menu!