“Definitely a place for locals. Typical fast food - there is a salad (huge), but go here for the nostalgia.”
Review of Parkette Drive In

Parkette Drive In
Ranked #104 of 901 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed June 25, 2013

What fun! Be be advised, this is a place for locals. I think we were so enamored by the look and feel when we first got there that we didn't see the swarms of people in and outside. People literally use this place as a hang out. There is some construction going on to expand for more seating inside, but many people were eating outside to socialize with friends and family alike. We were lucky to get a table right when we walked in. It was very unique to say the least. It was like a real 50's diner smack dab in the middle of the year 2013. Bikers, families, teens....happy days and Fonzie. The kids had a blast just looking around. As for the food, there is only one choice for healthy, a salad, that will do. They let us sub fried chicken for the grilled pork chop. As for the burgers, they were awesome. Try the one with barbecue. And the chicken is to die for. Fingers are made for dipping in country gravy...onion rings are nice and thick so you can actually taste the onion. Thanks to DDD, I made this a stop.

2 Thank thejettsetters

Crown Point, IN
“You'd be better off eating at Chick-fil-A”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here on a road trip. I wrote it down as a possible place to eat at while on the road since it was on Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives.

We were super disappointed in the food! His poor boy burger was okay at first then he started to dry-heave. My chicken fingers were dry and tasteless. The gravy was gross too. The only thing that was good was the chocolate malt, but how could someone mess up a malt?!?

Seriously, don't go here! Gross, yuck, nasty!!

2 Thank jhac84
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nostalgia, decent food, good price, friendly service”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Don't know why this is under seafood. Easy drive off I-75. Fun place, good hamburger, good price, good service.

mark501
“Best Onion Rings Ever”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We decided to try Parkette after seeing it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Foodnetwork. it did not disappoint. The service was fast and friendly. We had a baby with us and the decided to eat in the diner. Love the decor. Several people came by to make sure we were being waited on. We ordered the chicken with tater tots and onion rings. I have to say the enter retro experience from a 50s landmark was great! I hope they can keep the same friendly service with the new 90 seat expansion. I hope they don't get understaffed, because the place is so popular.

Kansas City
“Glad I Stopped”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The chicken and onion rings were great. I also thought the slaw was pretty good. I was not a fan of the roll or gravy. Overall it was kind of greasy, but I kind of expect that with fried chicken & onion rings. They weren't too crowded & service was quick at lunch time on a Tuesday.

• Visited April 2013