“Awesome!”

Ranked #299 of 934 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I grew up coming here.
Yeah it looks like a run down place but the food is exceptional. If you don't like country cooking then something's messed up with you. I love their roast beef, I usually put it with mashed potatoes b/c it serves as a gravy too. Their green beans are good, their macaroni is good and they have good fish too. Just all around good food. Not a place for the health food freaks and those who are self concious about the food they eat.

1  Thank kybaby0607

Reviewed November 12, 2009

I absolutely love this place! The food is just like grandma and grandpa are in the kitchen. Delicious down home country food. The Fried Fish and Fried Chicken has got to be the best I have ever had.
The place is a dive, it's very old inside, but it is always ever so clean and receives high safety marks in the kitchen - 90's & up.
So if you are looking for fine dining, this is not it. But if you give it a chance you fill find a favorite that you will revisit over and over again. Probably why so many people make it there home after church and during lunch time.
I think the price is $7.25 now, all inclusive.
FYI....this place also does take out. Need that extra help on Thanksgiving day, this is the spot to order from.

1  Thank SMB335
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I was disappointed after stopping here on my way down I-75. I did not expect a fine dining experience, but did expect good home-cooked food. Most of the food was canned, potatoes were instant, cake was from a box. The corn fritters and tomato sauce? relish? were the only honest items on the menu. I don't know if the place has changed owners recently. I did notice after eating there that it is not listed in the new edition of Road Food. Probably a good idea. I'd skip it."

1  Thank skwmitchell
Reviewed January 24, 2009

Great Hole-in-the-wall resturant and for the price you just can't beat it.

1  Thank BartBLexington
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Cafeteria style setting, home style cooking, budget style prices. A trifecta!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook