“Nostalgia, good beer, good food”

Lynagh's Shamrock Bar & Grill
Ranked #224 of 935 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I will admit that this is not an unbiased review. I went to school at UK and our apartment was around the way from Shamrock's and yes, we spent entirely too much time there. I would like to think that even during my impressionable years that I had good taste and knew a good pub when I saw one. And I would call Shamrock's a pub, not a bar or a restaurant. To me Pub means a second living room; a place for food, drinks, fun with friends. During a conference, I went back to Shamrock's perhaps to recapture some of my youth, but also for the draft selection and the food, which to my delight had remained largly unchanged.

Irish nachos are a fabulously heart-ending conconction of waffle fries topped with cheese, bacon, jalapenos and sour cream served with a side of ranch. The pub club, which I could finish by myself in college, is definately a meal for two. Beer cheese is excellent and fried pretzels served with a side of beer cheese are as good as they sound.

Sometimes, you can go home again.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

i wouldn't have gone out of the way to come here, but since we were in a hotel within walking distance we decided to give it a shot. It turned out to be quite fun. It offers a good mix of people, a nice selection of beers, huge-portioned food, darts, lots of good-quality TVs. The "Irish Nachos" are tremendously good, if a dietarily wicked thing to order. They're waffle fries decked out like loaded nachos. So delicious!!!

Reviewed April 17, 2010

Those were unique but very good huge portion! Staff seemed overworked and not very friendly until tip time. Crowd was good and they have enough TVs to cover just about every event. Nice mixed crowd.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 5, 2009

it maybe doesn't have the best atmosphere, but no where else can you get Irish Nachos! I love those things. This place is a small, cosy bar. Many of the patrons do not get out of hand and the food is rather good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook