Cracker Barrel
Ranked #98 of 945 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We often eat at Cracker Barrel when traveling. In fact, most trips are not complete until we have had at least one breakfast at Cracker Barrel. However, I will say that not all Cracker Barrels are not created equal. We have had some bad experiences at a few of them. A little tip, if you drink skim milk, always check the date and smell before tasting. I have gotten spoiled milk at one more than once. I figure it is because I am drinking skim, and probably not a lot of people do. This restaurant did not disappoint in any way. The service was prompt, the food was good and the waitress was friendly. Cracker Barrel will always be one of our "go to" places on vacation.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Ate here recently while staying at one of the nearby hotels and was pleasantly surprised. Not that we're 5* diners but we didn't expect too much. It was prime time and there was a short delay in getting seated, but the staff was friendly and the gift shop made the wait pass quickly. Our server was excellent. She was sufficiently attentive and made good recommendations about the menu. Our food was served promptly and did not disappoint. The noise level was reasonable. My wife was quite impressed with the Reuben and the prices were very good. Overall, a great experience for what it is.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Do not order anything off the grill if you have a peanut/tree nut allergy. Cracker Barrel has always told us it is safe for my grandchild, who has a peanut/tree nut allergy, to eat plain pancakes or bacon or grilled cheese or steak, etc. They have been lying to us and taking a chance with his life. They use the same grill to fry pecan pancakes and pecan and almond crusted fish. The manager says they cannot decontaminate the grill until after the restaurant closes because the cleaners fumes have to be ventilated. How dare they willing endanger this sweet boy. I am furious.

4  Thank bettyandzachary
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had the Beef n' Mushroom Stuffed Pot Pie.......what a treat! The crust is like a thin bread rather than an actual pie crust......tender and flavorful. Our server was nice but a bit spaced out........although we did get our food quickly. As always good food at Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Decide to try Cracker Barrel in Lexington while there last weekend. The smoke from the fireplace was all you could smell all through the place.When our food came,my burger was totally overcooked and dry with no seasoning at all. My wife ordered the beans and greens.The beans were good ,but the greens had an off taste and were inedible.We were both very disappointed with atmosphere and food.We wont go to another Cracker Barrel.

1  Thank tony c