“Great Southern Hospitality”

Merrick Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 972 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: Merrick Inn Restaurant, in Lexington, KY, is the area's leading restaurant serving Lexington and surrounding areas for over 40 years. We specialize in southern fare, fresh seasoned vegetables, homemade bread and offer a huge bourbon assortment. To satisfy your next craving, stop by Merrick Inn Restaurant in Lexington today!
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We are Lexington residents, and we have enjoyed the great food and atmosphere of Merrick Inn
on a regular basis since 1971. We enjoyed dinner on the covered outdoor patio just last week and had their wonderful fried chicken. The servers & staff are great - keep it up!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

We drive from Indianapolis to Lexington for only one reason, MERRICKS!!! I eat steak from all over the country when I travel however I pass up the steaks and prime rib for the FRIED CHICKEN every time at MERRICKS. You will to if you try it. Jon

1  Thank Jon Judy L
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I attended college in Lexington, Ky 25 years ago, and when my parents visited we would go to Merrick Inn to eat. Well, 25 years later it is still my favorite place to eat when we visit Lexington, and it always wonderful! On my recent trip, we ate there two nights in a row. The first night we ate in the restaurant which is classic Southern styl right out of the pages of Southern Living. I had the pecan crusted pork tenderloin with their classic corn pudding - delicious! My Mother had the hot brown which she raved about. Our server was perfect. The restaurant is formal and you need reservations. The next night, we decided since it was so good why not go back. This time we sat on the covered patio which is more casual and reservations are not necessary. You can eat from the patio menu or from the full menu. I had the fried chicken and mashed potatoes, along with Strawberry Shortcake - excellent. They have free valet parking for both the restaurant and patio. You cannot go wrong with a trip to Merrick Inn.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The Merrick Inn is always a treat. It's a little pricey, but well worth it for special occasions. It's the perfect place for a date night or a meal after a day at Keeneland and the patio is awesome on warm spring and summer nights.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were on a 3-day first-time Lexington visit vacation and several of our neighbors recommended we try the Merrick Inn for dinner.

It's kind of a curious place....partially fancy but also partially laid back...customers were dressed in their "Sunday best" and then others in t-shirts and shorts. First of all, the entire "Merrick community" has very limited parking and there were cars all over the place...sidewalks, grassy knolls, curbs, etc. Fortunately, the Merrick Inn Restaurant has free valet parking because you'd be hard-pressed to find parking otherwise.

The inn/restaurant is like a old-time mansion house so you are dining in rooms of the house or dining outside (which was loud, insect-prone and smoky). They also have a bar which was noisy but is closed off from other rooms so you don't hear it. We dined inside one of the rooms.

We were given home-made bread first which was excellent.

I ordered the almond-crusted chicken with daily special soup & house salad ($20). The soup was some kind of sausage minestrone and very tasty. The house salad was a normal house salad (although I asked for cucumbers to be removed and they weren't...fortunately, they were 3" wide so easily removed!). The almond-crusted chicken breast was Excellent. Moist & tender and just enough.

Hubby ordered the 1/2 Fried Chicken (which is kind of what they are 'famous' for) with an "Heirloom tomato" special salad, broccoli and baked potato ($20 plus $10 for heirloom special). He was disappointed in the heirloom tomato salad, tasty but not great. The fried chicken was good but not outstanding in his opinion (like he thought it would be after reading other reviews of it). I tried it and found it to be kind of bland actually. The baked potato was fine but the broccoli pieces were huge and hard...really needed to be steamed a bit more.

So....it was a nice place to eat, nice to look over the property, but nothing fantastic, imo. Once was good but once was also enough.

1  Thank teechur