“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Merrick Inn

Merrick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 893 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: For nearly 40 years, the Murray family has owned and operated Merrick Inn, located in the immaculately maintained manor house of Merrick Place; for years, one of the finest thoroughbred farms in the Bluegrass region. Merrick Inn is located on Merrick Court,off Tates Creek Road, just inside New Circle Road at the top of the hill in Merrick Place.Visitors to Merrick Inn enjoy superb signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes, complemented by unparalleled service. Murrays' pride themselves on being the establishment of choice for those in the thoroughbred industry, area residents and visitors to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday at 5:30PM. Enjoy cocktails in our lounge after dinner.As weather permits, enjoy lighter fare and entertainment on weekends on one of the most attractive, comfortable and popular patios in the area.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I always try something new when I come here. I have liked everything I have ordered. The philly cheese steak is out of this world. Very, very flavorful. Nice atmosphere and great service.

• Visited August 2013

Lexington, Kentucky
“Merrick Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Over the years I along with numerous family members and friends have chosen The Merrick Inn as our place to dine.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank RickC557
Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Just in town for one night and found this "Gem" on Trip Advisor. My wife and I had drinks and appetizer in the bar and then we're seated for dinner.
Everything about this restaurant is Excellent. Food, service, drinks.
If you are ever in Lexington, don't miss this location.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mike E
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Yummy Food, Lovely Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I ate here after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor...and we were not disappointed! The restaurant is a lovely, old inn with quaint rooms and ambience. We had drinks and appetizers in the bar prior to dinner. My husband had the calamari and I had the grouper fingers, both were generous portions and delicious! For dinner we were seated in a smaller room with a fireplace. The bread was great and our entrees were delicious. I had the chicken Chardonnay pasta and my husband had the New York strip steak. Both were great tasting, but we couldn't eat it all. The only disappointment was that there was no room for dessert and coffee!

Would definitely recommend this place and were glad to find it in the first place with the help of trip advisor.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Carol E
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Dinner for 10 on a busy Saturday night. No problem. Our mother's birthday. The staff remembered. From the valet parking to splitting the check, service was excellent. Our server was gracious and courteous.

Now for the food. Our mother had the hot brown with carrots and corn. She raved about it. My darling wife had the salmon. It was cooked exactly right. I had the tenderloin with leek and bacon bread pudding. Fantastic.

This place is an institution in Lexington, but it isn't coasting. They still make an effort and it shows.

Visited February 2014