“Merrick Inn is the "BEST"!!!”
Review of Merrick Inn

Merrick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 944 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: For nearly 40 years, the Murray family has owned and operated Merrick Inn, located in the immaculately maintained manor house of Merrick Place; for years, one of the finest thoroughbred farms in the Bluegrass region. Merrick Inn is located on Merrick Court,off Tates Creek Road, just inside New Circle Road at the top of the hill in Merrick Place.Visitors to Merrick Inn enjoy superb signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes, complemented by unparalleled service. Murrays' pride themselves on being the establishment of choice for those in the thoroughbred industry, area residents and visitors to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday at 5:30PM. Enjoy cocktails in our lounge after dinner.As weather permits, enjoy lighter fare and entertainment on weekends on one of the most attractive, comfortable and popular patios in the area.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My daughters (Cindy & Sandy) take me to Merrick Inn every year on my birthday! It is my very favorite restaurant in Lexington!! I went to high school with Bob Murray and knew him very well! I have NEVER had anything other than an "OUTSTANDING" meal at Merrick Inn! My granddaughter now is a "server" (Leanne Baker) at Merrick Inn and loves working there! I always recommend Merrick Inn to any "out of towners" or anyone who is not familiar with this restaurant. My last visit was on my birthday on December 6, 2013 and everyone had "excellent meals"!! My "prime rib" was excellent and I even got to take some home for lunch! Corn Pudding was delicious! White Russian was the best!! Service was excellent!!! Love the atmosphere in the Bar & the fireplace was great!!

1  Thank Betty C

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Ate here last weekend and first, I love the atmosphere! It's an old home that's decorated so lovely and the food is fabulous. I had the walleyed pike and it was Devine! My husband had the fried chicken and saint it was the best he had ever had. My friend had a steak and loved it. I love the sides and the Bibb lettuce salad is wonderful. What a wonderful dining experience!!! I can see why it's such a Lexington institution!

1  Thank jsawyer
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I've been to private dinners, birthdays, anniversaries and date nights here. They have high end fine dinning to casual appetizers and beer at the bar to watch a Cats game. Best patio in town, hands down. Excellent food, always.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went for a family celebration. Reserved a table for 7 w/ a new born-wanted one w/room and a place for a newbie-got it. Service was just what you would want--fast but not hurried, correct and friendly. Drinks were very 'nice'. Food-no major complaints. Everyone enjoyed theirs--from prime rib, fish and chops. Portions seemed to be on small side, such as 14 oz. prime seemed closer to 10 max. Noise made it impossible to converse with anyone more than 1 chair away. Had a very nice time and the space was great, just a little to much noise.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

a great venue for friends or family. terrific old school Kentucky food. some of the best fried chicken around. great friendly service, in a relaxed environment. when it's warm out, the outdoor bar is fun and lively. highly recommend.