“Rehersal Dinner Perfection”
Review of Merrick Inn

Merrick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 944 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: For nearly 40 years, the Murray family has owned and operated Merrick Inn, located in the immaculately maintained manor house of Merrick Place; for years, one of the finest thoroughbred farms in the Bluegrass region. Merrick Inn is located on Merrick Court,off Tates Creek Road, just inside New Circle Road at the top of the hill in Merrick Place.Visitors to Merrick Inn enjoy superb signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes, complemented by unparalleled service. Murrays' pride themselves on being the establishment of choice for those in the thoroughbred industry, area residents and visitors to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday at 5:30PM. Enjoy cocktails in our lounge after dinner.As weather permits, enjoy lighter fare and entertainment on weekends on one of the most attractive, comfortable and popular patios in the area.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We searched long and hard for an adequate venue for our wedding rehearsal dinner. Merrick Inn was on our initial list but we thought it would be way too pricey for our large group. However, we were blown away by how affordable it actually was and how awesome Alex and his team were at customizing our experience and catering to our needs. If you are looking for an amazing venue for your next event, you should seriously consider Merrick Inn—but only if you're looking for perfection!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Lovely old restaurant in Lexington. It s great service and food. Prices were very reasonable. The cocktails were very good. I had the fried chicken and my husband had a steak.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

On our way back from a trip to Canada we stopped for the night in Lexington, Ky. Our anniversary was the day before we took off to go to Canada for a week's visit with my husband's family so we decided to wait till later to celebrate with a special dinner. After reviewing possible restaurants via Trip Advisor we decided to try Merrick Inn. We arrived at our hotel room at check in time and called for a reservation around 4pm in the afternoon on a Thursday. We were offered a 5:30 or 8:30 pm dinner time. We'd hope for something around 7pm but took the 5:30 reservation. The steaks were expensive, but we expected that after eating at Ruth Criss Steakhouse a couple of times in Charlotte, NC. My husband ordered the NY strip Medium and a baked potato. The waitress never asked what he'd like on his potato, so we presumed it would be offered or just arrive with the potato. The steak was not Medium, it was Medium Rare to Rare. The potato came on its own separate plate with nothing else. There was butter on the table, so he was able to butter it while it was still hot, but we had to wait to flag the waitress down to ask for sour cream, even then no bacon bits or chives were offered at that time. We feel this lack of forethought was less than 5 star service. I ordered the almond crusted chicken breasts. They were ok, but I don't think they were special enough to be $22.50. Also when I was still actively engaged in eating my salad, the waitress came to the table and stood there watching me finish with our entrees in her hands. Not very professional or courteous and not what I'd expect to happen in a 5 star restaurant. We felt she should have waited for me to finish before bringing the entrees out. We both had the Chocolate Ganache cake. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like dry cake. My husband said he steak was very good.

We like to occasionally splurge on a really nice expensive dinner. If we find ourselves in Lexington again, we would not go back to the Merrick Inn. It was interesting to see, atmosphere was nice i.e.; nice lighting, not too noisy but the prices do not reflect the overall food and service we received.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Gracious, prompt service and wonderful food. We visit each time we attend the Keeneland races. I enjoyed a large serving of fried walleye and my partner was very delighted with her pork tenderloin. The fried green tomatoes started the meal and as usual -- the best. Don't miss the cobler for dessert.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Always great service, but the food is outstanding. The prices are better than comparable restaurants too.