“Fabulous Experience!”
Review of Merrick Inn

Merrick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 903 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: For nearly 40 years, the Murray family has owned and operated Merrick Inn, located in the immaculately maintained manor house of Merrick Place; for years, one of the finest thoroughbred farms in the Bluegrass region. Merrick Inn is located on Merrick Court,off Tates Creek Road, just inside New Circle Road at the top of the hill in Merrick Place.Visitors to Merrick Inn enjoy superb signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes, complemented by unparalleled service. Murrays' pride themselves on being the establishment of choice for those in the thoroughbred industry, area residents and visitors to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday at 5:30PM. Enjoy cocktails in our lounge after dinner.As weather permits, enjoy lighter fare and entertainment on weekends on one of the most attractive, comfortable and popular patios in the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fabulous Experience!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a birthday cocktail party and supper for our Dad's 80th Birthday, and the staff at Merrick Inn did an amazing job. From the beginning of the planning - a year in advance - to the actual event, the Private Event Coordinator, Alex Lennon, took care of everything! The service was superb, the food was excellent, and the evening was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. Thanks Merrick Inn for making this such a wonderfully memorable occasion for our Dad!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 304patriciaj

Atlanta
“Wedding Rehersal Dinner”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had our son and new daughter in law's wedding rehersal dinner at Merrick Inn, we booked the Merrick Inn based on internet reviews and research. I have to say they were better than any review we read. Alex and his team did a great job handling our fifty plus group. The food was fine southern dinning, not banquet quality. If you are a fried chicken lover, dont hesitate to order it.
The staff were amazing and attentive, all of this while still handling thier normal customers on a Saturday night.
After the wedding group left we had relazing drinks in the courtyard pool, open bar area with family in for the wedding. Don't miss this great place if you go to Lexington, you won't be dissapointed.

• Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Souther Tradition”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is the home of southern hospitality, cozy comfortable dining, consistent food, and excellent service. And of course everyone at some point talks about the fried chicken.

Visited May 2013
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Cutting Corners?”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have been a resident at Merrick Place for quite some time now and frequent Merrick Inn a couple of times a month while the patio is open. Recently my parents and I went up to the Inn for dinner but it was raining so we opted to sit in the "Big Bar".
I had ordered a glass of Candor Zinfandel that was listed on the wine menu but our waitress told us that they carry Candor but had not taken it off the menus yet and had replaced it with Del Sol Zinfandel so I thought I would try it. When our waitress dropped our drinks off at our table I had noticed that there were small specks of the cork floating atop my wine. It wasn't a big deal so I fished them out and continued on.
My mom wanted to order the Tenderloin Skewers appetizer that was on the bar menu, and had been looking forward to having it for a couple of weeks, but once again we were informed that the menu had changed and they had not updated the menus and they were replaced with Medallions. She ended up ordering the Merrick burger cooked medium, my dad ordered the Prime Rib, and I ordered the Fillet Mignon cooked medium rare.
Our food came out in a timely manner. My moms plate was literally overflowing with chips to the point that almost half of the chips that came on the plate ended up on the table. She cut into her burger and almost right away made the comment that it was well done even though she had ordered it medium. Her bottom bun was so soggy that she ended up having to eat the burger with a knife and fork. My father said that his prime rib was underseasoned and bland, but didn't have any other complaints with his meal. I had cut into my fillet and noticed that it was rare on the inside, but burnt on the outside where it was wrapped in bacon. Again, like my father, there wasn't much seasoning to the fillet, if any at all, to make me feel like it was worth the price that was listed on the menu. For my sides I had ordered steamed broccoli and asparagus casserole. The broccoli came out with hollandaise sauce on it, which wasn't a big deal but again not how I ordered it, and the asparagus casserole tasted like it was something that was bought from Sysco and not something that was made in house.
All in all my parents and I were upset with our overall dining experience and won't be returning for some time, if at all. I have worked in the restaurant industry in the past and I can tell you from experience that when a restaurant starts cutting corners and food quality and standards start taking a dive and resort to using pre-made items from food distributors then they are most likely on their last leg. I almost wish I had gone to Chipotle for a burrito instead.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Kirk D
Lexington, KY
“Great place for a small group”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Conducted a business meeting here one evening in one of the upper rooms. Extremely quiet setting and our waiter was very accommodating to our needs. Meal was fantastic from beginning to end. After all these years, Merrick still receives my 'best in Lex' dining experience.

Visited March 2013