“RACIST!!!!!!”
Review of Merrick Inn

Merrick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Merrick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 910 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: New Circle Road exit 18
Description: For nearly 40 years, the Murray family has owned and operated Merrick Inn, located in the immaculately maintained manor house of Merrick Place; for years, one of the finest thoroughbred farms in the Bluegrass region. Merrick Inn is located on Merrick Court,off Tates Creek Road, just inside New Circle Road at the top of the hill in Merrick Place.Visitors to Merrick Inn enjoy superb signature southern cuisine and innovative American dishes, complemented by unparalleled service. Murrays' pride themselves on being the establishment of choice for those in the thoroughbred industry, area residents and visitors to the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Dinner is served Monday through Saturday at 5:30PM. Enjoy cocktails in our lounge after dinner.As weather permits, enjoy lighter fare and entertainment on weekends on one of the most attractive, comfortable and popular patios in the area.
Lexington, Kentucky
“RACIST!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My first experience was great. Food was magnificent, but looking back on it I'm positive it was because I was with my husband who is very well known in the city. My second trip was for a gift card and takeout. The racism I experienced was beyond excusable!!!! I was treated as if I wasn't good enough to sweep the floor although I was polite, well spoken and dressed accordingly. At one point the hostesses even asked me why I was still sitting in there although I was waiting for my carry out. The chicken is amazing and the pound cake is enough to make your mouth water just thinking about it, but the establishment isn't worthy of one dollar!

• Visited December 2012
8 Thank dera1
Alex L, Owner at Merrick Inn, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
This is a first for the Merrick Inn. We have happily catered to customers of all races and ethnicities for nearly 40 years. I would love to speak with you personally about this matter. Bobby Murray

Connecticut
“Large Party (150+) Handled Very Well”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife was in Lexington for a large meeting and I was invited along to join the group for dinner.

This place is a really nice visual experience from the moment you arrive. The decor is tasteful, even artfully arranged, and the layout (obviously this was a house at one point) is unique. It has a homey feel that makes the atmosphere seem comfortable and elegant at the same time.

There were at least 150 of us and we were allowed to order off a special group menu. I was VERY surprised at how many options they were willing to make for us. Usually these functions have much smaller variety of choices (chicken, steak, pasta). There must have been at least 8 different options, plus a good variety of sides and 3 desserts. I did like the Derby Pie and would suggest trying it if you never have before.

Each table of 20 was assigned its own waitress (or so that is how it looked to me) and those staff members were excellent. I did not hear of one mess up with anyone at our table or any nearby.

This facility handled this large group function like clockwork. The variety of food was great, speed of receiving it was excellent and the staff was accurate and efficient.

While I know this review is not the typical family dining experience there I have to believe if they can handle 2 bus loads of attorneys so well they will certainly take care of anything else that comes their way.

Nothing else I had in Lexington compares to this!

• Visited November 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“This place is awesome! Yummy food, great atmospshere, amazing entertainment”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor, and boy oh boy was I happy that I did. On a recent trip to Lexington and Nashville we made reservations for Merrick Inn on a Thursday night. I have to say that I wasn't sure what the atmosphere was going to be like because the website shows photos of a little more formal, old fashioned Williamsburg-type place. We actually sat at the bar before dinner and were able to eat outside on their patio. It was just so comfortable and quite popular with the locals for sure! We shared appetizers as our dinner, which is what we like to do often. So, we had Grouper Fingers, Lobster Nachos and Beef Tenderloin Skewers. It was EXCELLENT! While we ate, we enjoyed an amazing guitarist...I mean, this guy was unbelievable! He played mostly rock, southern rock, etc. Let me just put it this way, he could give Eddie Van Halen or Eric Clapton a serious run for their money!!! Anyway, we most certainly enjoyed our time there. Food was awesome, our waitress was awesome and the entertainment was awesome...what more can you ask for?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank fetching
“Fantastic Surprise”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have never been to this restaurant before. We decided to try it since we were in Lexington for the eweekend and hgeard good things about it. We thouroughly enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and service. May schedule our son's rehearsal dinner here. Thanks!

• Visited October 2012
Ajijic, Mexico
“Loved it”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We took a large group (two buses) to Merrick Inn for dinner, and couldn't have been more pleased. The food was excellent -- I can particularly recommend the wedge salad with blue cheese bacon dressing, the southern fried chicken, and the corn pudding. This is not the kind of food that I usually ( or ever) eat, but the menu looked like ordering "southern" was the way to go, and my instincts were clearly right. Wow! On the other extreme, the people who ordered the salmon were also pleased with their choice.

The service was outstanding. The wait staff and the kitchen are clearly capable of handling a large crowd -- staff were efficient; the food was hot; the wait staff were friendly and cooperative. I'd give the whole experience an A+.

I liked the atmosphere -- lots of small rooms; our room had 4 tables of 7 to 12 people each. Our group was spread across four rooms.

• Visited November 2012