“Delicious Caribbean food and great atmosphere”
Review of Atomic Cafe - CLOSED

Atomic Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had never tried Caribbean food so this was a nice surprise. I ordered the jerk chicken and hubby had the curried lamb shank. Both dishes were really delicious and seemed to be pretty healthy eats, as well, with fresh vegetables and not very fattening sauces, etc. The atmosphere has awesome painted murals on the walls. Great place - we would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Great place to eat. A little small and gets crowded quickly but the food is fantastic! It was recommended to us by the gentleman from Enterprise rental car. His son runs it. We could have walked but ended up driving since we had a car.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped in at the Atomic Cafe with friends after spending a day at Keeneland. We had a great time hanging out there and enjoyed the wonderful food. The service was very good and the waitress was very pleasant and accommodating to work with. We stayed late and enjoyed every minute.

4  Thank KY_IT_GUY
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Looking for something different we strolled down to the Atomic Cafe. Thought it would be filled with kids from Transylvania University but we were pleasantly surprised. Nice mix of ages in this funky Caribbean styled cafe. Simple design with no tablecloths. Started with a conch chowder that was good, but nothing like those I'd had in the Bahamas. The red snapper special was delicious though the sweet potato side dish was a bit too spiced for my wife. I liked it. Excellent corn bread. Desserts were sizeable. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. Brought along some wooden stakes just in case we ran into trouble while leaving in the dark... ;)

1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I enjoy spicy foods so the Atomic Café met my expectations. I had the mahi mahi wrapped in a banana leaf which was really nice and enjoyable. We ordered a few appetizers which was a hit with the group. They had a really nice beer selection and specialty drink menu. I would recommend the Atomic café as an after work dinner place for a good brew and spicy food.