“Loved the sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Grayson, Kentucky
“Loved the sushi”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for a meal while in Lexington for a doctor appointment. We decided on Tomo and weren't disappointed. We had help from the chef and waiter on our choice of rolls along with a soup and several different kinds of sushi and rolls, we would go back when in area.

“Love it!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I first went to Tomo I was very disappointed. They had many issues. Since then they have changed sushi chefs and much of the staff as well. It is excellent. Very friendly staff and the food is always fresh and delicious. One of my favorites in Lexington and the best lunch in town, light and not too heavy which tends to be an issue in the South. A great place for meetings as well. I would highly recommend Tomo.

• Visited May 2014
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Good food, bad service”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have been to Tomo a few times. Each time has been fairly consistent. The food is always really good, and the service is always really bad. Some of the custom sushi rolls are pretty good, but nothing you wouldn't find at any other restaurant. It is a bit overpriced, but any Sushi place in the midwest usually is. We received no refills, and no attention. We waited almost 20 minutes to get our check, with no one checking on us. By that time, we had to leave and didn't even have time to get dessert (if we'd even been offered it). Overall, food is ok, average sushi, pricey, but consistently bad wait times for service and lack of attention.

• Visited April 2014
“Never go here”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the overall worst experience I've had at any restaurant in my life. The food was mediocre and the time we had to wait for it was unfair. A friend of mine had returned the sushi she ordered because it was gross and she had to pay the price of her replacement sushi and the other one (they never informed us that we would be expected to pay for what wasn't eaten). After speaking with the manager, she had no intentions of negotiating anything with us. She had a terrible attitude and told us that "the restaurant doesn't satisfy the customers needs, it satisfies the food preparation". We should have been compensated for the inconvenience but she still demanded our money. Not only did she demand it, she was very uncooperative and became enraged. Once she had her hands on the money, she cut us off mid-sentence and walked away. She never apologized or felt remorse. I have never met such an unprofessional, rude, and selfish manager in my life. She does not deserve the customers and attention that the restaurant has been given throughout the years. I will never return and I will never recommend it to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
“Average food, expensive”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The sushi is fine, but comes at a premium. Nothing special about this place. Typical Japanese experience that charges the customer for the location more than anything else.

Visited December 2013