“Not Good Enough For A Return Visit”

Miyako Sushi & Steakhouse
Ranked #154 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I had dinner here on 9-16-17 with my wife and 2 kids ages 9 and 13 while visiting the area. We simply saw the place while driving by and stopped in on a whim. It was a peak time for a Saturday night at 8pm but we were seated promptly. We had a hibachi table and our server was Briana. By the time our drinks came and the chef arrived the place was only at 50% capacity so we were coming in toward the end of the night. The service was slow and the food just mediocre at best. I didn't eat nothing that would entice me to go back. My wife and I split an adult meal and the kids did the same and the bill was $78 without tip. I will say one thing they do give you a lot of food here but its quality I demand not quantity.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

The chefs are a ton of fun, and the food is top notch. We've never had a bad meal here, honesty. Just when we think it can't be better, we have a night like tonight. Our favorite is the dinner for 2.

Reviewed August 20, 2017

My wife is Japanese. We visit Japan on a regular basis so I believe we can compare American Japanese food and real Japanese food with a true perspective.

One of my favorite Japanese foods is katsu don, fried pork cutlet on rice. Miyako has the best katsu don in the area. In fact it is as good as or better than that serves in Japanese eateries. The cutlets are nice and thick; juicy not dried out. The bowl of rice is moist and flavored with sauteed onions and broth and covered with egg and a variety of Japanese pickles. Great, great katsu don.

My wife loves tempura and Miyako's shrimp tempura bento is great! As good as any bento in Japan.

Miyako also has great sushi chefs and outstanding grill.

A great Japanese restaurant for couples or family gatherings.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

We eat here multiple times yearly and about 2 months ago was a little disappointed but decided to give it another go since we love Japanese food. This encounter was the best since the the opening of this particular restaurant. The server was attentive and the chef was interactive and funny. The food was also amazing. The added additional sauces to the food that gave it his own touch. The restaurant should make everyone take lessons from him. Can't say enough good things about lunch.

Reviewed July 19, 2017

I made my first trip to a Japanese Steak house with co-workers. It was quite an experience. Dinner started off with soup and salad and progressed to making the fried rice, showmanship or cooking steak, chicken, shrimp, and scallops. We had the flaming tower of onions, etc. Good show, good service, good food.

1  Thank Ronald B