“Good sushi for an inland city....”

Miyako Sushi & Steakhouse
Ranked #154 of 981 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The restaurant has great service, the staff is very prompt and helpful. We sat at the bar which was a nice experience, the chefs were very nice and seemed happy to be doing their job. I have ate at many sushi places across the country and this wasn't my favorite, but to be so far away from the ocean, the food tasted as good as it can be. The miso soup is very rich and the fried cheese roll was my favorite (its like a crab rangoon but creamier). The decor is a bit dark but has sort of an authentic feel to it. Overall the sushi part was good....but don't expect great.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my 3rd different Lexington area sushi experience. The sushi quality was good, not great. The service was prompt and our orders were accurate. They also gave the largest sashimi pieces I have ever gotten. The building was a bit worn, but I though the atmosphere was good. The sushi prices were a tad high for some of the standard rolls, however the prices for sashimi and specialty rolls are in line with other places.

Overall, Miyako was a good sushi experience. Miyako is not a must dining experience, but if you are in the area and want decent sushi, then I would have no hesitation to recommend this restaurant. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We're from an area where sushi is an everyday delicacy and we are very fussy. Miyako met the test. And the Age-Tofu was very different from what we are used to but very interesting and good. I'd pass on the calamari teriyaki but it was not bad at all. Good sake. But beware: They are open til 10 but the kitchen closes earlier and the owner will want you to order everything you want at once if you get there after 9. Not my preferred approach in a Japanese restaurant but the quality of the food made it worth it.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Terrific atmosphere and the chefs are a lot of fun. Great time for the whole family or date night. Be prepared to get frequent shots of sake from the cooks. Sushi and hibachi grill are equally good, try both!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My family and I dine here about three or four times a year and we have yet to have a bad experience. We typically go with the hibachi grill menu and always receive generous portions. My go-to is the shrimp and scallop combo with fried rice. Their sushi has always been good, too. We've tried pretty much every Japanese restaurant in Lexington and we always wind up coming back here.