“Was a great place to dine.”
Review of Regatta Seafood Grille - CLOSED

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Closed
Reviewed August 5, 2013

New place isn't nearly as good and the prices are much higher. Service dropped as well. I miss the Regatta.

1  Thank Warren S

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my favorite place to eat in Lexington, adjacent to Joseph Beth Bookseller, a great place to browse and buy. But it was sold, remodelled and reopened April 15, 2013 as Palmer Grill. Not the same; not even close. RIP, Regatta Seafood.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

BHG closed this restaurant earlier in 2013. The space is now occupied by Palmer's Fresh Grill. BHG never invested in this restaurant, and offered no promotion. Very sad.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place used to serve really good food. BHG restaurant group took it over and replaced the good food with the cheapest food it could find. For example, real chicken replaced with processed chicken. Mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes replaced with one tiny mushroom cut into microscopic pieces over tasteless rice. Too bad this happened. Save yourself. Don't go there.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife and I heard good things about this establishment so we decided to check it out. The patio and bar area on the pond provided a very comfortable atmosphere. The pond was fully stocked with fish, and there were geese and other birds around the area, giving it about the best feel of nature that could occur across from Nichalsville road. Unfortunately, there are some deficiencies with this establishment. The service was slow, although the waiting staff was friendly. It took about 15 minutes for us to get our first drink. The time to receive our food was not a problem, just our drinks. The bar staff was not that busy either, so I was a bit perplexed by this. I ordered a mahi fish sandwich and my wife order a shrimp fettucini alfredo dish. The sandwich and fries were good, but the portions were small. My wife's pasta was too soft, and the shrimp was bland. Really, Olive Garden is significantly better for a lower price.

Bottom line, it appears that this establishment is relying on the view of their man-made pond to carry them, so that they can get away with mediocre food. I found out that this restaurant is part of Blue Grass Hospitality Group. In my opinion, restaurants which are part of this company are all lacking in different ways.