“Very quiet, great lunch!”

Tachibana Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 949 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Authentic Japanese, great food! Very polite and helpful staff. Wonderful lunch specials, something for every member of our family.

1  Thank R S

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went to Tachibana with 3 friends for a celebration at the hibachi table. It was a Tuesday night, so the restaurant was not crowded. I have never been more disappointed with a restaurant. Our "chef" came out and grimly and efficiently cooked out food - no antics, no presentation, no NOTHING. When you pay to eat at a hibachi table you expect a bit of a show, but there was nothing. Then after we had eaten and paid our check we were summarily asked to leave the table, even though there were several empty seats and we weren't holding up anyone. I will NEVER return here, and I will certainly tell everyone about my "fabulous" experience.

1  Thank LexKymom50
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We had dinner at Tachibana at a Monday night so the restaurant was fairly empty. There were a few people at the sushi bar, about four tables occupied in the dining area and just a few occupied at the Hibachi grill. We wanted sushi so we chose to sit in the dining area. Unfortunately the sushi offerings are extremely limited. We chose three rolls to split: Ahi Roll, Tachibana Roll and Philadelphia Roll. My husband ordered miso soup and I ordered a salad with the standard ginger dressing. However what I received was much different. The salad was okay, at least the lettuce was crisp. Our sushi was delicious and the wasabi had a nice heat to it BUT there were a few downfalls. We had to fight a fly away the entire time we were eating. I found a few ants on the table after we finished eating and even though servers constantly checked on us (we had 6 different servers) we ran out of water three times. The lack of sushi variety and the pest problem will be the biggest reason we choose not to return.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We dine here at least once a month. Never too crowded and always seated quickly at hibachi. Some restaurants make you wait until the table is full, but Tachibana always strives to get you served quickly. Excellent servers and management who care about your experience. Skip the big teppan joints and go to Tachibana.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We have eaten in at least a dozen habachi style Japanese restaurants in all parts of the country and have always found the food to be good and enjoyed the antics of the chefs. This was a bad experience. We had our four grandchildern with us and were looking forward to the presentation but the chef came out and cooked the food and never once interacted with us or the children or even smiled at us. The food was not good- so salty that none of us finished our meal. None of the wait staff was friendly and our children were well behaved so there was no reason for them to rush us through ordering and eating. The restaurant had just opened for the evening so they were not crowded. This place was a waste of time and money.