“The place for a homestyle Kentuckian taste”
Review of Ramsey's Diner

Ramsey's Diner
Ranked #5 of 951 Restaurants in Lexington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

If you want something Kentuckian, Ramsey's is the place. Perhaps the food is not amazing, or the highest quality, but it is Kentuckian, and like the environment of the restaurants, it is comfortable. Don't go if you are expecting the best food you can imagine. Go there if you like real Kentucky food, or want to know what that is. Unfortunately all the Ramsey's restaurants I have been to get a little more business than they can comfortably keep up with, at least during peak hours, and there have been several times when they could not keep everything on the menu available. But if someone wants to know what Kentucky food is, this is probably the best restaurant to take them to.

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We dined at Ramsey's while visiting friends in Lexington. The prices were very reasonable and the portions were large.

My husband had the Hot Brown as we were told it was a real Lexington dish. He enjoyed it so much that he's trying to recreate it at home. I had a Reuben and it was more than I could finish.

Our friend's son had the buffalo chicken tenders and they were too spicy for him. I could smell the buffalo sauce across the table, clearing my sinuses.

We did not have any dessert, but our friends said that their pies are amazing!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful local restaurant with lots of choices! Hot brown is amazing, also great omelets, turkey Reuben, and Cajun catfish, just to name a few! Veggies are also delicious, especially when locally grown produce is featured. New location in Zandale has a lovely, open, atmosphere and has quickly become my family's favorite Ramsey's in town!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

AFTER reading good reviews... we went to Ramsey's. Absolutely could not eat anything ordered,. Deep-fried pork chops looked great, however the only thing done was the flour crust....meat was raw!!! DO not order anything they coat with flour and serve as deep-fried or fried. Even the fried green tomatoes were not at all done. Same thing about the corn on cob. ABSOLUTELY raw. Waiter ask why we were not eating...we explained that none of our food was done,,,,,manager came out and stated they could broil the undercook food for us. We ask for bill....paid and that will be the first and last time at Ramsey's. Also when we were ordering, we ask for any type of bread other than cornbread. Waiter stated that is all they served...however on their breakfast menu states they offer white toast??? As Ray Price (country music singer)stated, "there are people out there starving for it and can't get it." He was talking about county music...same goes for country, home-cooked meal.

1  Thank Jon D
Reviewed June 3, 2014

First time we've stopped here; the menu and prices were certainly enticing. I know the place is a Lexington staple but these two out-of-towners were disappointed! First, the positive, service was wonderful...the young lady who waited on us was excellent. But now the negative; as a whole the meal was tasteless. I had the meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans, nice portions but bland. I also had the parmesan corn on the cob and have to say it was the only thing tasty and interesting about my meal. My wife had the Country Fried Chicken with green beans and Macaroni and Cheese. The Mac was poor; we've had better Kraft from a box. The white country gravy was solidified on top of the chicken. She agreed with me about the insipid green beans. Dessert (we shared the brownie with ice cream) was good. A gentleman at the next table appeared to need a jackhammer to cut his crusted pie, however. Disappointing in a word.