“comfort food heaven”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not much to look at, and the interior, to be kind, is at best "eclectic." But the food is fantastic. We first came here in the summer of 2011, and this time (October 2012) we purposely stopped in Lexington on our way to North Carolina just to eat here. It did not disappoint. The turkey reuben is maybe one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. The pie is killer. I am confident that if I lived in Lexington, I'd weigh 25 pounds more. Very friendly wait staff. Great prices. Go here.

There are newer reviews for Ramsey's Diner

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our local friend who was showing us around, insisted we eat here.

It's a meat-and-three kind of menu (pick and entree and up to 3 sides), but the entrees are a step-above what you might be used to. Also the side choices included local in-season options, for example, our local in-season choices were baked acorn squash, and some broccoli dishes. This place also has a nice bar, which is a change from other meat-and-threes I've visited.

The deserts (mostly (all?) pies) are wonderful. Make sure you save room.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We come back to Ramsey's again and again and always look forward to the visit. The food is locally grown, the menu totally "the South", and consistently outstanding. There is not a single menu entree that Is not wonderful. Our favorites include the spicy fried catfish, their green beans, and their absolutely fabulous breakfast menu. They also feature pies that just melt in your mouth. Wash it all diwn with a tall glass of sweet tea. Reasonable and delicious. It does not get any better than that!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Picked up two perfect veggie hot browns after a day at Keeneland and couldn't have feasted on better food ! This was our second visit to Ramsey's and we couldn't wait to return for the celebrated cuisine .... Fantastic!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you like gravy, cheese, and bacon, you want a hot brown at Ramsey's. The best sandwich I had in Lexington... And it will probably come back to haunt me when I'm 60 and my arteries are hard. Great service, crowded as all get-out at lunchtime, but absolutely worth the wait and coronary disease.